Search results

1. N

Losing antifreeze

Has a few issues with my 2015 TDI, have extended warranty and parts ordered for my ac/heater- doors sticking, sometimes only heat on drivers side, ac fine on passenger side. Sometimes ac works fine on both sides, but no heat at all. Also, lower control arm bushings shot, parts ordered Friday...
  2. N

2015 Passat TDI- front end clunk

Replaced front struts, sway bar end links, upper rear control arm bushings, still clunks. It happens mostly at low speeds, clunk on accelerating, then another clunk when braking. Had it to an independent and a dealer, both say suspension fine, engine cradle bolts all tight. The dealer said it...
  3. N

2015 Passat TDI Front End Clunk and Wheel Alignment

1. I have had a clunk for a while, replaced sway bar end links, struts, and the LCA back bushings. Still got a clunk. New bolts next logical step? I'm wondering if its subframe shift due to bolt stretch? 2. I put 4 new (18 inch stock rims) on 4000 miles ago, just noticed inner driver side tire...
  4. N

Heater Cores-Tiguan too?

Mechanic says he has done lots of plugged heater cores, Tiguans plus 2009 and 2010 gas Passats. So not just diesels whose regens supposedly cause them. Same issues, filled with gritty crap inside. Ever hear of this? Maybe we should all go back to regular old fashioned green antifreeze? Can’t be...
  5. N

The emissions warranty extension, when do you have to get it?

Bought my 2015 in June 2017, it came with phase 1 fix. Is there a limit to when you have to get phase 2? No advantage to getting it until my extended warranty expires? I have a 200,000km warranty from VW, 2 years left, can I wait and do phase 2 in 2 years? I am at 113,000 kms and won’t be over...
  6. N

2015 Passat TDI Highline- what are risks of long term ownership?

I bought mine new in June 2017, used to be a 40,000 km per year driver, retired in late 2018, Covid, now have 109,000km’s. I have a 7 year VW bumper to bumper warranty so a little more than 2 years left. Should I keep it or replace it with a gasser? I’ll likely do 20-25,000 km’s a year in...
  7. N

Can I blow out my heater core with air?

My passenger side is pumping cool air, is there an in and out connection that is accessible that I can try to blow out the core with very gentle air pressure? Disconnect the in and out and blow air through, say 1-5 lbs? I’ve tested heater cores this way to see if they hold about 10-12lbs...
  8. N

What is this wire?

When changing my oil I found a heavy black cable disconnected, it had 3 female connectors and goes into a black plastic pipe like part. Located below the oil filter, it has a weather proof fitting and I assume this was left disconnected when the dealer changed my oil and filter last. No CEL or...
  9. N

Prestone coolant- rated for everything

What do you think, it’s g12++ and g13, heater core compatible?? I had to add some anti freeze today, thinking I should do a flush and fill and found this. https://prestone.com/product/prestone-platinum-all-vehicles-antifreeze-coolant-concentrate/ I had to add some anti freeze today, thinking...
  10. N

Clip 1ko972800, where does it fit?

This clip fell out when I was removing the belly pan, where does it fit? 2015 Passat TDI. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/clip/1k0971800/
  11. N

Nova Scotia do crushing

Was at Kenny’s u pick, on the way in there was a line of tdis including a black Passat that looked great, staff said they were there to be crushed. On way out 30 minutes later, the Passat was gone.
  12. N

2015 Passat TDI TSB 2039436/9

Had my car fixed yesterday and this TSB number is what was on the work order, they replaced the ad blue line due to crystals. Car had 32000 KMs, CEL came on and the ad blue countdown started at 1000 KMs to shutdown. My code reader said code P20E8 "reductant pressure too low". I had filled my...
  13. N

Canadian VW Owners Post Objections Before Mar 4th?

Moderators, could we get a new sticky thread started headed: Canadian VW Owners Posting Objections before March 4th deadline I would like to post an objection and would like all who want to do this to discuss what they think should be included. My biggest objection is we have no information...
  14. N

2015 Fix Questions

Reading from this: https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/docs/emissions/Gen3_Emissions_Modification_Disclosure_Volkswagen.pdf This relates to the 2015, I am guessing the fix for other TDI's will be similar, when and if available. 1. In the extended warranty, I see nothing covering the failure...
  15. N

Question on Leased Vehicles- US Buyback

I have a 2013 Passat I leased in Sep 12 for 4 years. When the 4 years were up in Sep 16, I bought the vehicle for the option amount. The Canadian "buyback" was just announced, but no exact pricing yet. From what I read of the settlement, someone who bought a 2013 Passat gets a lump sum of...
  16. N

Will this forum exist after everyone in the US (some day Canada) takes the buyout

What is the number of people taking it up to now? Looked like over 75%? The Passat TDI with urea may become an orphan? Don
  17. N

VW, Fiat Chrysler, and NHTSA

With the latest ruling that requires big penalties and 500,000 buybacks by Fiat Chrysler on "mainstream" Jeeps and Rams for not issuing recalls and then not executing them properly when recalls were needed, I THINK VW, AND ALL MANUFACTURERS BETTER WAKE UP. If you build vehicles that have weak...
  18. N

Build Dates 2013-2015

Just curious, can anyone with an early build date post the date with their model year for the 13-15 years? Wondering when it was "normal" to start building new model years. I figure the first year, 2012, is not relevant since it was a first year, no reason not to put them on the lot whenever...
  19. N

When will we see the 2016 Passat?

Any indications? Its now April, July or August? I was thinking of a switch from my 13 for a 16. Don
  20. N

What Performance Enhancements for the TDI?

What is now available in a "chip" for this car? Malone, APR, what else? Anything "plug and play"? Don