Search results

1. oilhammer

2005 B5 wagon, 2010 A5 sedan FS

Need to sell one or both of these cars. Projects for someone, don't have the time with everything else I am doing. Passat is a 2005, wagon, GLS without leather, gray interior. 241k miles, maintained by me since 80k when I did the balance shaft upgrade (sent to me from a dealer that had no...
  2. oilhammer

CBEA/CJAA DPF info

Mods, please make this a sticky so I can easily point people here. When (not if) your CBEA or CJAA car flags the DTCs P2002, P0401, and sometimes P240F, and your car will have sooty tailpipes, YOUR DPF HAS FAILED. It is BROKEN. It cannot be cleaned. It will need to be replaced. This is the...
  3. oilhammer

2014 CNRB reseal

Thought I'd share some pictures of a job I recently did. It had an oil leak, most notably the upper oil pan to block area, near the starter, exactly as described in this TSB: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10174055-0001.pdf This is an ENORMOUS job, because in order to get the upper...
  4. oilhammer

The Mrs. finally got her Mini

Picked it up Friday: 2024, last of its generation. Completely optionless as can be had in the USA (which incidentally means Chili Red only). I'd love to give a better impression of how it drives, but she hasn't allowed me much of that yet. I got to drive it from the dealer to the shop...
  5. oilhammer

ALH engine harness needed

In search of a decent engine harness for a 2000 ALH. I think a 2001 would work too. Mine has just gotten a little rotten over the years. Manual Trans. If nothing else, the pigtail for the crank position sensor with about 6 inches of wire would work too. The 3 pin gray connector that clips to...
  6. oilhammer

FS 2003 Jetta sedan Missouri

Need to clear some space, this was a fixer upper I got not running. Came in with the engine in pieces, was the victim of a runaway caused by the injection pump I was told... the pistons were scorched and the block had a bad spot in one of the cylinders. I found a good used engine, don't know...
  7. oilhammer

Wanted: late type shifter

In Search Of a later type shifter, cables, etc. for an ALH or BEW car, so 2000+, to upgrade a customer's 1998 New Beetle. Shipped to the shop here, 63146. Can't seem to get any of the normal recyclers to both pick a good one AND not destroy it upon removal. I need the shifter and box, with...
  8. oilhammer

FS 2003 Jetta $3500

Posting this for one of my customers who is not internet savvy... older guy. He bought this in 2006, had around 64k on it at the time. Ended up letting his [adult] son drive it for a bit, and then his grandson. Some damage to the trunk lid due to bumping a tree in some ice, and a deer ran...
  9. oilhammer

2011 CJAA engine for sale

Slightly weak cylinder, history unknown (car was purchased at an auction). It has one brand new injector in it. Complete minus turbocharger and a few other bits. It had about 130k miles on it, timing belt original and untouched. $300, you'd have to come get it. I'd be willing to take...
  10. oilhammer

2010 Jetta P0641

Anyone have any experience with this? There were a couple threads here when I searched, but with seemingly no resolution. The car in question is a 2010 sedan, CJAA+manual, DPF/cat delete a long time ago, closing in on 1/4 million miles, perfect service history. Came in cranks/no-start. Has...
  11. oilhammer

Golf 7 UDS battery replacement

Anyone done one of these yet? The VCDS' drop down menu for the CAN-Gateway Adaptations is completely different than their video shows. This is the first Golf 7 (with an AGM) battery I have had to replace and I cannot figure out the way to do it. Car in question is a 2017 Golf R. This is the...
  12. oilhammer

FS: 2005 Jetta Wagon

Selling this for a customer/friend of mine. He is the original owner, car was actually special ordered by another customer/friend of mine but they found a 2004 just like it and ended up getting that instead. White GLS w/ leather, manual, ESP, don't really think there is anything else option...
  13. oilhammer

BRM catalyst bracket

In search of the bracket that bolts to the back of the engine block that supports the catalyst/downpipe assembly on the BRM engine. Trying to untooef one that it riddled with problems, many missing pieces, and this one is not available from Volkswagen. At least there are none in North America...
  14. oilhammer

Buyback car purchases

I'd like to share some information to folks who are looking to take advantage of some of these 2009-16 bought back and fixed and now for sale cars that are popping up all over the country. These are a great value, and the last of their kind. This is not at all meant to discourage anyone from...
  15. oilhammer

question about A4 Jetta City models

Asking in this section because I think it gets a lot of traffic, and you guys and gals may be able to help me. As many of us have found out, the trunk harness for the A4 Jettas through the 2005 cars sold here has long since been discontinued. However, the same basic model (albeit gasoline...
  16. oilhammer

FS: 2004 Jetta Wagon part out Missouri

Friend's car, I have taken care of it since he bought it new, took off the road by a texting driver at 185k miles. :mad: Lots of good parts! At its 180k service I just did: new Michelin Premier tires new Volkswagen battery timing belt, filters Flywheel conversion done around 140k miles...
  17. oilhammer

saving another one

Just acquired this little gem: 1999 German built, that goofy-but-kinda-neat blue color you rarely see. Only 200k miles. Needs a turbocharger, rear calipers, sway bar links, tires, clearcoat is peeling, and the shifter feels like parts are missing. I may upgrade it to the later style...
  18. oilhammer

FS: 2001 New Beetle

Decided to offer up my TDI Beetle, have some other projects I am moving on to. 275k miles, bought it from a customer in need of some TLC. What I have done: DFIS rebuilt injection pump New timing belt and related bits New accessory belt tensioner, idler, alternator pulley New Luk...
  19. oilhammer

Our newest diesel is here!

Finally, after waiting for nearly a year, my wife and I got our new Big Benz, a 2016 Sprinter! Will be getting fitted with a rear entry wheelchair lift, and two anchor points in the back for my two sons. It will be nice having some extra space to move around in for once. We've been...
  20. oilhammer

B5.5 4mo BHW swap

Given the doom and gloom of the future of diesels, I've decided to not only horde any that I can, I've decided to convert one of my several gasoline powered Volkswagens to diesel. The subject is my 2004 Passat wagon, which has the AWM 1.8t engine, automatic transmission, and 4mo AWD system...