Search results

1. Metal Man

WTB NEW BEETLE WHEEL

I'm looking for a super nice aluminum wheel for my 98. It's the standard aluminum wheel that most all of them had. The part numbers are 1C0601025A and 1C0601025D It would probably have to be close to central PA to be worthwhile.
  2. Metal Man

These cars are starting to get a little old.

I tried to get an antique tag for my 98 NB this past fall. They told me I had to wait until the end of the year to apply for it. I just got it this week.
  3. Metal Man

WTB MANUAL TRANSMISSION CODE EUH NEAR PA

I have a customer that needs a 5 speed for a BEW wagon. The trans code is EUH. Preferably something in PA or not much out of state.
  4. Metal Man

WTB 06 JETTA TDI ECU 03G 906 016 AB

I'm looking for a good used ECU for a 06 Jetta TDI. The part number is 03G 906 016 AB. If you have one please let me know either here or a PM.
  5. Metal Man

Westmoreland VW plant tour 1987

In early 1987 my brother and I took a tour of the Westmoreland PA VW plant. My brother took a few pictures inside before they told him that wasn't allowed. The plant closed in 1988 and after VW Sony made TV's there.
  6. Metal Man

Earliest New Beetle TDI survivor??

I bought my current 1998 New Beetle last spring, and it is a relatively early build with a VIN ending in 31485. I'm sure there have to be many earlier ones out there, so I'm curious what is still with us. Post what you have with a little info on the car. To make it interesting I'll send a little...
  7. Metal Man

Does a 2015 model year TDI still have the build sticker on the trunk floor with the engine code?

I'm trying to help customers be sure they are ordering the correct parts, mostly timing belt kits. That was always a good reliable way to check the engine code, but I haven't checked on a 15 myself. Do the still have them on the trunk floor and if so is it relatively easy to view?
  8. Metal Man

WTB ALH NEW BEETLE VACUUM RESERVOIR BRACKET //GOT ONE//

Just looking for the vacuum reservoir bracket for an ALH New Beetle. Part number is 038 103 945 A. I believe it's Beetle specific.
  9. Metal Man

FS USED NEW BEETLE REAR LIFT SPRINGS SUNBURY PA $60 SHIPPED

I don't know what these springs are or who made them, they were on a 98 NB I had just bought. They are used unbroken and give about 11/2' to 2' of lift. $60 shipped in the continental US.
  10. Metal Man

How does a 06 Jetta TDI fuel tank vent?

I'm not trying to get extra fuel in. I have one here that the tank is collapsed damaging the fuel pump in the process. It does have an aftermarket fuel cap that was recently installed so that is suspect, but I can find any info on how the tank actually vents.
  11. Metal Man

Anyone have any experience with a Tiguan- gas?

I'm looking at buying maybe a 2013 - 2016 4 motion for light towing. Does anyone here have any input on them?
  12. Metal Man

2013 Jetta with water in fuel

Does anybody have any experience with water in the fuel on one of these? What are the odds of cleaning it up without damage. The car starts and idles well, but has no power and a few fuel pressure codes.
  13. Metal Man

www.metalamanparts.com news, new parts and deals

I've just lowered my prices on all my PD cam kits. $415 shipped for BRM cam, lifters, bearings and cam seal. http://www.metalmanparts.com/product.sc?productId=681&categoryId=61 If you add the reusable cam and rocker bolts it comes to $480. $530 shipped for BRM cam, lifters, bearings, OEM cam and...
  14. Metal Man

Free www.metalmanparts.com tee shirts

I finally got some shirts made. I've been thinking about it for a while, but it was just one of those things I didn't get around to. I have them on the web site for $7 each. http://www.metalmanparts.com/product.sc?productId=847&categoryId=89 If you put in a descent order email me your size and...
  15. Metal Man

Blowing out alh ahu piston kits at www.metalmanparts.com

I just dropped my piston kits down to $370 for a set to try to lower my inventory a bit. I have standard. http://www.metalmanparts.com/product.sc?productId=342&categoryId=74 And oversized. http://www.metalmanparts.com/product.sc?productId=344&categoryId=74
  16. Metal Man

New lower pricing on bew and brm cam kits at www.metalmanparts.com

I lowered my BEW kits to $450 for the cam, bearings, black INA lifters and cam seal. http://www.metalmanparts.com/product.sc?productId=682&categoryId=74 You can add either non stretch bolts for $65 or original VW stretch bolts for $124. Kit total is then either $515 (with non stretch bolts) or...
  17. Metal Man

www.metalmanparts.com November Special

For the month of November I'll offer Mahle KL 147 D fuel filters for $15 each with an order of $100. These fit 1998* - 2006 New Beetle (early cars need to have the updated plastic fuel tee), 1999.5 - 2006 Golf , 1999.5 -early 2005 Jetta and 2004 -05 Passat VW TDI motors. You may add up to 4...
  18. Metal Man

2013 TDI Fest www.metalmanparts.com drawing winners

I held my drawing for two $100 credits for the web site at the 2013 TDI Fest, just as I have in past years. This years winners are Paul Powichroski and Mark Poirier. Congratulations to both of you. Thank you again to all the organizers and volunteers that make this site and the TDI Fest possible.
  19. Metal Man

Overstock sale on BRM turbos at www.metalmanparts.com

I have too many of these here right now so I dropped the price to $875 shipped in the continental US. These are brand new OEM BorgWarner for all BRM motors. http://metalmanparts.com/product.sc?productId=528&categoryId=61 :)
  20. Metal Man

www.metalmanparts.com drawing at the fest

Thanks to everyone involved in putting on another great TDI Fest. I know that requires a lot of work and we all appreciate it! I hope everyone got a chance to enter for my drawing of two $100 credits for the web site. I had oilhammer (Brian) draw the two names after the banquet and auction. The...