Search results

1. P

How does PS engine detect correct EGR operation?

As in the subject. I read older engines simply expect the MAF sensor data to change when egr is open. There is also a way to change a mac sensor adaptation value to do a "sort of" egr delete. Ross Tech wiki thus specifically doesn't work with PD engines. So how do PD engines detect EGR...
  2. P

AWD Haldex clutch pump code.

I'm posting it here rather than car specific sub-forum, because those haldex units are used in lots of cars so hopefully it will get more exposure here. My car is Golf mk5 4motion 2.0tdi 16v. I've been having intermittent issue pop up usually from few minutes from starting the car to even...
  3. P

Thinner oil = more noticeable turbo whine?

This is a car with 190k km or 115k miles on the clock. Amongst many other bits on the list to fix there is this turbo whine I started noticing after my first oil change. (now I'm on third) I've always only used the correct 5w-30 oil with the relevant vag number. I don't know for sure, but I...
  4. P

What exactly breaks in ABS control unit?

I read about a fairly common fault that happened to ABS control units with golf mk5 and similar cars. It was so widespread VW even offered some sort of "repair kit" until 2015. These days those kits are gone, but there are some places that advertise "rebuilding /repair services" for those units...
  5. P

Golf 5 2005 4motion, ABS pump fail symptoms question.

I have a 2005 Golf 5 4motion (4x4) 2.0tdi (BKD) that has been switching on its traction control light on permanently until it is switched off and on. While the traction control light is on, the ESP button is also lit and pressing it makes no difference. It used to happen only now and then. Now...
  6. P

Golf 5 2.0 TDI BKD 4x4 (4motion) turbo removal.

There is a description how to remove the turbo from the 2.0 TDI BKD engine through the exhaust channel. However in the 4motion version (4x4) there is a rear driveshaft nearby so there is a lot less space there. Does anyone know which way the turbo should go out on a Golf 5 2.0tdi bkd 4motion?
  7. P

Removing a steel bolt seized in an aluminium forging.

So I'm replacing rubber bushings in my Golf 5 2005 4x4 (4motion) 2.0tdi BKD and the left side went well. The right side however... First I snapped all 3 bolts that hold the rocker arm bracket. I managed to get a replacement quite cheap locally. Then one of the long bolts that hold the big...
  8. P

Golf 5 2005, radio started switching itself off randomly, then died, then same is happening with AC :-(

As in the subject. For quite a while I've had been having this problem with my radio (OEM). I woukd drive and the radio would just switch itself off, then on few seconds later. I thought it was related to maybe a bump in a road, or sudden acceleration/braking. Once I noticed the same when I...
  9. P

Instrument cluster dead, car starts and immediately turns off.

My 2005 golf mk5 (2.0) was fine and today I wanted to go somewhere. I turned the key, the air con turned on, the radio, lights etc, but instrument cluster remained dead. I turned the key and the car started run for around 1 second and turned off. I tried the following. I tested the relays under...
  10. P

DIY VW T10262 camshaft mounting frame.

I recently discovered I need a camshaft mounting frame VW tool T10262 to remove the bearing frame from the cylinder head of my tdi 2.0 16v BKD engine. Unfortunately the tool that consists of 4 pieces of steel square with some screw holes costs way more than it should for what it is in my humble...
  11. P

Tig welding cracked VW 2.0 tdi bkd cylinder head

It is quite likely I'll have a choice in near future whether to replace my cylinder head with a new(used) one or fix it myself. I did tig weld magnesium-aluminium alloys before, but not aluminium-silicone. I read online cylinder heads are often made with aluminium-silicone alloy. Does anyone...
  12. P

Golf V 2005 4motion TDI 2.0 103kW BKD getting hydrolocked with coolant.

I'm new on the forum so hello everyone. I have a 2005 Golf V 4x4 drive (4motion) with a 2.0 TDI BKD engine (PD). I bought it 2 years ago and I had no issues until a couple of months ago I noticed gradual coolant loss. Now that I think about it the loss may have been there from the start, just...