DIY VW T10262 camshaft mounting frame.

prblue

TDI
Golf V 2005 4motion 2.0 TDI BKD 103kW
I recently discovered I need a camshaft mounting frame VW tool T10262 to remove the bearing frame from the cylinder head of my tdi 2.0 16v BKD engine. Unfortunately the tool that consists of 4 pieces of steel square with some screw holes costs way more than it should for what it is in my humble opinion.
This is the tool:

More pictures:

To me this tool looks like it simply screws into 10 cover mounting holes, and using four screws on the side it pushes the bearing frame off the cylinder head. Unfortunately the pictures are not great so I can't be 100% sure this is how it works.
This is how the bearing frame is installed on the cylinder head:

It seems that those 4 bolts on the side of the tool push against the cylinder head bolts - those that use the bolt-in-bolt design they describe above.
If yes, I can easily make this tool. Could someone please confirm if I understand its function correctly, please?

hicklehoff

TDI
BKD/BSY Mitsubishi Outlander 16v 140
I am a newbie so forgive me when I dispaly ignorance.

I have just managed to get the head off my BKD/BSY engine because one of the cam bearings failed due to poor oiling. I am at this point now where I realise the shell doesn't pop off when you undo the bolts!

Where did you get to with this, I'm hoping you found a solution you can share :)

Many thanks in advance.

Dom