Search results

1. ccaissie

Done with following threads for now, how to stop feed?

So far the incoming threads for the Gen 4 Jetta TDI ALH has been valuable, but now it's too much. Can you guide me to the way to stop the feed? I have looked at all following and notification buttons and i thought I've got it all turned off. Thanks, guys, I will rejoin later.
  2. ccaissie

My '02 is gulping oil...How to diagnose?

OK. I drove around at 55mph and used 1/2pint in 200 miles....I rigged a tube ffrom the intercooler to a bottle and measured the flow. Then Ipicked up an ALH with about 150K on it and swapped the turbo. no oil flow from the Intercooler. Now i will go through the ALH and swap it in at some...
  3. ccaissie

Ready for ALH rebuild. How to assess?

I scored an ALH that belonged to a friend, and probably has 150k on it. I disassembled and cleaned the turbo, and that will go on my '02 Jetta which is using a lot of oil thru the turbo. Since I want longevity I want to check out this ALH before the big swap. No injectors, so finding a way to...
  4. ccaissie

In the middle of ALH timing belt questions....

Just to complete this thread....I had the tensioner tab in the wrong pocket...because of poor lighting and the angle of the view. i mistood the pocket in the plastic case for the REAL pocket n the casting.... Once I got it right, it went fine...Job completed and all good. Thanks for all the...
  5. ccaissie

I have '40 9n for that...the Jetta would run a mower....
  6. ccaissie

I'm drivng my '93 Ranger until I can r&r Turbo, and eventually R&R engine. All good advice, I respect the collected knowledge here. c
  7. ccaissie

I do get lubeoil smell @ startup from my 354,000mile '02 Jetta, but it is running well and that clears up in a few seconds. Can go through a quart in 200 miles. Seemed to start using oil heaily in the last 3000 miles...rather sudden increase. I did get a runaway twice, so I put a drain (sheet...
  8. ccaissie

Something is draining my '02 TDI Jetta battery

Will proceed. Thank you very much...
  9. ccaissie

Something is draining my '02 TDI Jetta battery

I've pulled my door lock/interior fuse, When I connected the battery, a lot of arcing current there and I heard the door locks make a noise.... Was suspecting starter dragging, but a separately charged battery starts like a champ. I pulled fuse 6, 14, 27(supposed to be daytime running...
  10. ccaissie

Junkyard ALH vs teardown and rebuild

Looks like your offer for a your junk engine is not going to happen. Thanks for nothing.. i'll gladly spend money for a junk engine to rebuild and not waste time on your offer. you could have gotten rid of that in your yard and maybe had a crisp benjamin in your pocket.
  11. ccaissie

Air bubbles in the fuel line 2002 ALH

Does anyone ever add an electric fuel pump in the line to create positive pressure in the system?
  12. ccaissie

Air bubbles in the fuel line 2002 ALH

I've had occasional stalling and hard restarts when the fuel level gets low...1/4 tank. Working around the turbo hoses, I now notice air bubbles streaming towards the pump and take this to mean a leak in the supply side of the fuel system. It could be the last clear section from the filter to...
  13. ccaissie

Engine Ran Away, Now a few new symptoms

The intercooler outlet connection separated. Now joined and screw clamed, and it runs good, quiet, no power pulsing. I do have a separate post on air in the fuel line that caused hard starting....
  14. ccaissie

Engine Ran Away, Now a few new symptoms

Engine has been losing power related to turbo issues, but runs good, high oil consumption lately. I plan to rebuild this engine, 2002 ALH now @352K. Recent timing belt job. The intercooler has been drained a few times, and the last time, I left my improvised intercooler drain screw a little...
  15. ccaissie

Any further thoughts on this junk engine? I'm back from MAssacjhuswetts and available to help you clean out your yard. colin 248-2201
  16. ccaissie

2015 Jetta Sedan TSI needs complete maintenance check

Planning to go through this car and get it on the track for a long life. It was a Dealer lease car and I got it with 40,000 miles on it, Now 43,000. Where do I find a maintenance schedule for the 40,000 mile interval. What do you consider essential to check out at this mileage AND AGE? It...
  17. ccaissie

Will be back 5/3. I would take it in any condition...head off etc. If it's a plus for you to get rid of it, I'm sure there's at least some useable parts on it. Even if it needs to dug out of the ground, I'll be able to use something. 207-248-2201
  18. ccaissie

I am back in the area and would love to pick up the old unit. It's worth a few bucks to me.....will be here until 4/16, then away for 2 weeks. Repeat until done....
  19. ccaissie

Wow, and I Missed this! I'm still hunting for a rebuildable ALH, and would be ultragrateful to get it out of your yard. Call me please Colin 248-2201
  20. ccaissie

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Timing belt...had 102k on it...car has 353k. Had a few snags, as it was my first ALH rodeo.. Went well, with the help of the forum people here. I love the 2002 Jetta, it's in good condition, and I can expect to have it as my "puff"....daily driver and fave for long time. If I get to another...