Search results

1. J

CR engine HPFP analysis

This thread was always one of my favorites. Although I'm not an owner of VW right now, I owned 2 gassers...a 1991 Jetta GL 5 speed, a 2001 B5 1.8T Passat loaded and lastly the 2009 Jetta TDI with DSG, which was bought back after the scandal. VWs have always been my favorite car to DRIVE. When...
  2. J

What happened to our car?

Visiting my car has crossed my mind. I liked the Mark V chassis and thought of it as a very crashworthy vehicle. A very good car for me and one I surely miss. Getting over this loss has not been easy, but I think of the good times. I'm guessing it was crushed but part of me hopes a junk yard...
  3. J

As mine made it to 145k (82k by me in 4 years) and the rest by its prior owner, not all bad, but still a waste. Getting about $12k was very difficult to turn away. The waste out there is but a small drop in the bucket when one considers other things such as government spending, food waste...
  4. J

Thanks, so did mine. Records indicate to Schnitzer Northeast, a scrap-yard in Johnston, Rhode Island.
  5. J

Who got the payment from BOSCH?

Found the check going through piles of junk mail. A tiny piece of paper can mean so much. On a nostalgic note this may mean I'm officially done with VW for a while. May be back someday in an Audi or Benz probably. VW may be for kids. Still gotta lot of love for VWs. Peace guys !
  6. J

Who got the payment from BOSCH?

No check yet. My buyback was late December. Driving my 2009 Jetta TDI which I bought used back in October of 2012 was fun. Sightings of CR TDIs are much less common than ALHs. Volkswagen ponies up the big bucks and now it's Bosch's turn. What a mess. Test drove a tiny red Golf TSI and I felt...
  7. J

Memorial Gathering for Oilhammer's son, St. Louis MO 04/22/17

My heart goes out to Oilhammer and family during this time. Reading Oilhammer posts one could easily see how the guy has a big heart caring as his posts reflect. My prayers tonight for Brian and his family. A reminder to me to express love for children, innocent lambs of God. God Bless All.
  8. J

Did Ferdinand Piëch lose his job due to Dieselgate?

It's possible, found this other article claiming Piech knew and lost out to Winterkorn: http://www.forbes.com/sites/bertelschmitt/2017/02/09/piech-throws-bombs-volkswagen-spins-out-of-control/#2800aa157c24 If it is true more problems for VW.
  9. J

Piech throws Winterkorn under Volkswagen Bus

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bertelschmitt/2017/02/04/report-piech-throws-winterkorn-under-volkswagen-bus/ The key point in the article (for me) is Winterkorn had an opportunity to nip the Dieselgate scandal in the bud. He did not. Winterkorn could have taken the route of full disclosure...
  10. J

Volvo Offer For VW TDI Owners

60 forum it is thanks PCF923 ! I am in refugee status, for sure.:) Have read a lot here. Many zany characters here. I somehow doubt Volvo owners to be the same. Moving to a more "grown up" car. VW will forever be ingrained in me as they're all I've driven since college early 90s. I have yet...
  11. J

Volvo forum question Sort of a good bye post. I have heard swedespeed is a good forum for Volvo. Just wondering. Am about to join up there. Of course this forum was awesome. So many diehards here, excellent advice, gurus, diys, probably going to be nowhere near the following as VW forum...
  12. J

Bought TDI #3 today

Congrats on the Mark IV TDI diesel wagon ! Those older Mark IV TDI diesel wagons are going to get even more rare with all the buybacks, they may be some of the last diesel wagons available. When I searched for a Jetta TDI back in 2012, the Mark V was so much more aesthetically appealing, yet...
  13. J

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

It's okay, thanks Okie ! It was fun removing those 3 infamous letters "TD+skinny blue I" :p Rather than steal them, I simply debadged the car. They peeled off pretty easily. The next owner (whom I will never meet) may at their discretion reattach the letters as I left them inside the driver's...
  14. J

just for the record, I took my TDI (skinny blue "I" with chrome "TD") badge off and left it inside in the driver's door storage bin. You're not alone wilcharl
  15. J

Well, that's a tough question. My wife and I are in our 40s with 2 kids, aged 13 and 10. We were a VW family. We have become a Volvo family. It's true, Volvos are more expensive to purchase. I have graduated to a more comfortable car. I took over the wife's 2012 S60 T5 FWD as a commuter car...
  16. J

Hakan Samuelsson CEO of Volvo Check out Volvo CEO Hakan Samuelsson's interview with the Financial Times. Volvo is back. They are no longer a "division" of Ford as stated by Hakan. Volvo executives now have greater autonomy with their decision making. Previously everything had to be cleared by...
  17. J

Are the newer tdis as good as the older ones

Nice one Oilhammer ! I should have read before I bought my 2009 Jetta TDI. I admire the ALH diesels. Much easier to work on, plain and simple.
  18. J

It was the red box Marlboro, the strong one ! No AbBlue is the problem, and my DPF got cracked or clogged. At least the EA189 was good for 145,000 miles and the HPFP survived. My 2009 is supposedly headed to Tennessee. At least that's what the buyback gal said. Somehow I doubt they'll kick...
  19. J

True, have never done so myself, I happen to like the tire kicking and remembering a face. I'll forever associate my TDI with a Marlboro smoking Irishman who sold it to me at a local dealer. Ironic, chain smoking TDI salesman.:D Have always liked the 4runner, nice ! That's a lot of leftover...
  20. J

Have you decided on a replacement yet ? Good luck with the new ride. The dealership, don't get Okie started on dealerships. He'll gets his new ride delivered to his door by ordering it from the telephone.