Search results

1. Nozzleman

Trimming the accessory bracket on an ALH?

It was time for the 300K oil pump check and chain replacement in addition to the timing belt so I pulled the engine out because the pan won’t come off otherwise. I had the A/C bracket bolted to the passenger side of the engine using the 3 10mm(?) bolts on the front of the block and one on the...
  2. Nozzleman

Looking for someone to port ALH head North Texas

I'm looking for someone who can port an ALH head in the North TX area or I would even ship or carry it somewhere. I'm having trouble finding someone who will or wants to. Thanks in advance.
  3. Nozzleman

Welp, it looks like I'm starting over. Truck got destroyed.

I recently loaned my 2002 Ranger TDI conversion to my son because all of his stuff was out of service. He was headed westbound on a 60 mph 2 lane and ended up going in the ditch and rolling it 4 times to avoid a head on with an eastbound who decided to pass another eastbound in spite of it being...
  4. Nozzleman

WTB MKIV ALH automatic car dead or wrecked TX

I'm looking for a MKIV ALH automatic car that is cheap. Wrecked or dead is fine. Would like it to be w/i 300 miles of Dallas TX. Let me know what you have.
  5. Nozzleman

Heads up. 92 Cabriolet spotted in Pick and Pull Ft Worth TX

There is a NICE '92 VW Cabriolet in the Pick and Pull in Ft Worth TX. I would have driven this car it was that nice. It was complete except for wheels on the morning of 07/02/21.
  6. Nozzleman

TDI based generator

I have been looking at building an ALH based generator using a 21kW generator head. It sounds like Malone can write the tune to make the electronics work. There is an option of using a shaft drive head or an SAE bellhousing. One thought is using a stock flywheel, machining a disk to go in...
  7. Nozzleman

Repurposing MKV fans Need to understand wiring

I am re-purposing a set of MKV fans. There are 2 heavy leads that provide ground and power. There are also a small purple/yellow and blue lead that are required to make the fans run. Before I let the magic smoke out, how do these small leads tell the fans to run? Just hooking hot and ground is...
  8. Nozzleman

dead multifunction relay x2? 03 jetta

03 Jetta. The battery died on it due to non-use so time came to get annual safety inspection. No horn, no cruise, no radio button function. Put in battery, cleared codes and went through the trouble tree replaced fuse 5 (burned) checked all others including hidden ones checked and...
  9. Nozzleman

2006 Jetta dash removal

I am trying to swap the dash on a 2006 Jetta and my Bentley has yet to show up. It appears there are some bolts across the top. Radio and rack is out, glove box is out, cluster is out. Can someone fill me in on getting this thing out? I? need to replace the passenger airbag/dash pad.
  10. Nozzleman

How to get pin retainer out of injector pump plug

I need to replace the quantity adjuster on an ALH and need to depin the injector pump plug. I messed with the purple retainer a bit trying to get it out but thought I would ask how it releases before I risk destroying it. Thanks in advance.
  11. Nozzleman

WTB silver LF fender, bumper cover MKV Jetta TX OK

I need a silver left front fender and the plastic nose/ bumper cover for a MKV Jetta with in a few hours of north central TX. Also might need some other parts.
  12. Nozzleman

ALH CAN-BUS issues

After 8 months not working on it, I finally got back on my Ranger a month or so back. Trying to make the ALH PCM (Malone stage 4) talk to the aftermarket interface (tach, glow plug etc) via CAN-BUS. I got the truck running but have an issue where the CAN-BUS shuts down after it runs for about...
  13. Nozzleman

WTB beige/straw left rear seat bottom MK4 Jetta

I need the drivers side rear seat bottom for a 03 Jetta. Leather beige/tan/straw color. Shipped to 76009
  14. Nozzleman

Oil cooler thoughts?

I was reading through the long oil cooler thread and a thought struck me. I didn't want to hijack that thread, so here goes. If we are trying to stay with the coolant to oil style cooler, can we use an automatic transmission equipped radiator and just run its cooler? Line pressure ought to be...
  15. Nozzleman

codes after engine install-no start

I just installed an engine in my wifes 03 Jetta after the engine I rebuilt 25K ago broke a cam. (Replaceable cam bearing done by local machine shop likely cause.) When I pulled the old engine I just draped the wires over the drivers side and do not remember giving them any trauma. The new...
  16. Nozzleman

Left the road at 75mph

About 3 weeks ago I am at work and my wife, kids and dog are just south of Wichita Falls TX in a 75mph zone in the right lane. A car comes up fast swerving out of the left lane hitting them in the rear, dragging the side of the car and pushing them off of the road. They left the road, went...
  17. Nozzleman

Parting wrecked 03 Jetta TX (DFW)

Parting black/black Jetta. It was hit in the back lightly and dragged down the left side. Rear beam bent. No engine, trans or wiring. Still have: hood trunk lid right doors left doors damaged dash and column air bags black leather interior (drivers seat bag blew) sunroof small bits Make me an...
  18. Nozzleman

need Injection Pump Fuel Return Valve for ALH

I need a good used Injection Pump Fuel Return Valve for a 2003 ALH.
  19. Nozzleman

Can't pull fuel through injection pump

I did a total engine rebuild on the 2003 Jetta. I can suck fuel to the inlet side of the injector pump no problem but cannot get it to pass through. The vacuum pump will pull 20+ in on the outlet. The injector pump had vacuum caps on all lines during the rebuild. I have power to the shutoff...
  20. Nozzleman

WTB VNT15 or VNT17

I need a good tight VNT15 or VNT17 to go on an ALH. Let me know what you have and price. Shipped to TX 76009. Thanks