Search results

1. B

Timing belt question

I concur. Waterpump will fail before timing belt change interval. Buy a kit from Frank06 and get an improved pump! I did mine around 95K miles.
  2. B

2013 Passat stumble I've researched for weeks...

Can you give me a procedure to perform this using VCDS? I have never done this and Would APPRECIATE giving it a try. I have been given a run around on this issue and it bothers me as I had had it since the fix. My CKRA has 120K Miles now and warranty expires in 3K.
  3. B

Engine noise when cold.

OK, confirmed, it had the Fix flashed into it! I don't know if it is a bug in the programming. But Individual injectors seem to be a likely cause. Mine happened after the FIX.
  4. B

Engine noise when cold.

bimmerjoe and bboshort, Did you have any Re-Programming due to the cheat modification? I did and we recognized the same thing two yeas ago, directly after flashing the cheat fix. Mine has still to be resolved. Only happens when it has sat cold for a while, not anything above 5 C (40F). I got...
  5. B

Normal oil consumption?

Fuel Economy, Shmony That is what seems to be killing this car. Lack of Lube. I agree with going to the higher viscosity oil and upon starting the engine, rev it to 2500 for a short 5 second duration. Keep it running at 2000RPM, even when driving in light traffic. I sympathize with this...
  6. B

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

My latest report after 19,500 K miles is showing 10ppm/1k Miles of AL and FE. Also 1ppm/1K miles for Cr and CU. This is a CRKA and It is due for its first timing belt change? Also has a minor coolant leak.
  7. UOA 19,500 Miles, 106K total

UOA 19,500 Miles, 106K total

picture, not .pdf
  8. B

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

UOA with 19.500 on Oil and 106K total miles Concerned:
  9. B

Intermittent no power, starting issue

J329 is the 360 Relay, maybe Read other posts about the 360 relay. I had to fix mine recently. I had not heard about faults for a long time, but you 0010 malfunction codes were on my car when I had trouble with this relay. It is buried under the dash.
  10. B

2006 Jetta BRM - P0122 Throttle Issues

It also could be battery problems. I've had a HOST of malfunction code 0010 before. They are all about electrical gremlins. Then there is a pesky relay that came up on my car recently. I forgot the number, but I'll get back with you.
  11. B

Car stalled, no start, P1850

I'm glad you fixed your's with a relay. Hard to understand, but these electronic gremlins are never very forthcoming of their issues. Mine had a 460 relay issue as well. Keep one in your tool box!
  12. B

Trans help in mid Michigan

I have a 2002 Mk4 Jetta 5-Speed Transmission taken from a donor car at 150K miles. It has no leaks and was working well before transplant. It is available in the Indianapolis Area. I can have it delivered for $550.
  13. B

Baltimore - Mt Airy, MD Area VAG-Com owners?

TDIer's, I have a special need, someone who can use their VagCom cable to download codes from a 2006.5 Jetta Special edition Tdi with a DSG Transmission (with reverse not working on the auto transmission). Can someone reply or contact me on this forum? I'm in Indy, but my son is with my car in...
  14. B

2006 BRM No Start

Did you order a Kit to replace it. I would!
  15. B

RNS 315 rear camera view installation Passat B7

Where is the camera plug found? You stated under the cover of the back door? I do not understand where. I made the installation of my camera and am looking to do the wiring soon. What steps do you do with the VCDS to activate the RNS315 for the camera?
  16. B

Glow plug broke in chamber....now what?

You can rent the tools and get any BEW Parts from Frank06 on this forum. I've found he is the expert on heads / Cams / Injectors. A broken glow plug was cause for me to redo the head on my ALH.
  17. B

2006 Jetta TDI - Quits for no reason

http://http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/503/thumbs/IMG_1091_3_.jpg
  18. RELAY 460 (j349?)

RELAY 460 (j349?)

Power supply relay for when the key turns on