2006 Jetta TDI - Quits for no reason

Mickyroo

TDI
Golf mk5 1.9tdi 2004
Hi there Iv been having similar issues on my 2004 golf 1.9tdi does anyone know where relay j329 is on mine as that relay board on my car has just one 460 and it's in slot on the right also can these be tested?

copterfixer

TDI
2009 6 speed manual
Thanks for posting about this everyone.

Thanks for the great picture Sand_Bag.

I had one problem. I couldn't get the carrier down. I popped the clips on the left and right and it fell some but not enough to clear the dash. I had to basically manhandle and tug at it to bend enough plastic to get it to move. I didn't figure out what else is holding it up there but it seems to be fixed now.

Thanks for the instructions.

dgoldsmith

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta sedan, "stick," with in-dash 6-CD changer, Sat., & AUX jack in glovebox that I'm no longer trying to figure out how to use, thanks to slamhouse! :-)))
The Relay is on the lower left side of the Vehicle Electrical Control Module. It has "460" printed on the relay (its the "460" relay near my thumb in the picture below). The relay is in tight and has apposing snap tabs on either side to hold it to the module. I wedged two small screw drivers on either side to ensure the snap tabs would stay disengaged while I removed the relay.

Reverse the above process to close everything back up!
Don't know if i'll get a response given how old this thread is, but i need a little more information, please, regarding how to get the relays out of the harness, as i've already unintentionally broken untold numbers of clip retainers (many, but not all, on the module harness) and I still can't get the damn things loose/out! Which way do the things come out, towards the wires or away from the wires? I see lots of press-clips: are they the large black ones to the left and right of the "460"? If so, a flathead screwdriver fits on either side of each of these, so it's possible to exert pressure either in toward the relay or out away from the relay; i've tried both, and, as i said, I can't get the thing out, so i need to stop guessing: which is it, pressure in or pressure out? Or am i targeting the wrong clips?

Since this thread is so old, i'm going to cross-post this to my current thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sand Bag

TDI
'06 Silver Jetta TDI manual & '11 Audi Q7 S-Line V6 TDI
I had to scratch my brain to try and remember how that panel drops down. Without tearing back into it I believe I put screw drivers between the panel and the clips themselves which would mean the tabs/snaps should be pushed out or way from the panel. This is all based on memory. I've been out of town for a few weeks and I don't have the time currently to take a look. If I get a chance later I will let you know.

Kind Regards,
Sand Bag

bobthefarmer

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Mk 5 192K miles; 2012 Car of the Year, Passat Tdi SE+Nav in blue nightgown, shod in 18 inch heels
Last edited: