Search results

1. Farfromovin

[FS] 03 Golf 2dr PD150

Oh I hate to type this but the time has come where I really have no need for my TDI anymore. I will say that without a doubt, my travels down the TDI rabbit hole were exciting to say the least. I have no "need" to sell my Golf other than I want it to go to a good home where it will be taken care...
  2. Farfromovin

Diesel Geek Sigma 6 SS kit (2000-2007), Transmission Mount

For sale is my old short shift kit by Diesel Geek. It fit on my 02M 6spd in my MKIV. It is in great condition for being used. Not corroded. Diesel Geek sells them for $195. I'll take $150 shipped o.b.o. Also, I have a 1 year old stock transmission mount with appx 10k miles. It is very firm...
  3. Farfromovin

[fs] 17/22, dp

*SOLD*17/22- 80k miles, worn/damaged compressor, needs rebuild. Took it off my running car. I think the compressor was damaged by fod and or surge. Would make a good rebuilt 17/22 that should be much cheaper than buying a new one in the end. $200 o.b.o. *SOLD*2 1/2" DP from whitbread. Has a...
  4. Farfromovin

BFI mounts and Eibach Sport Kit Springs

MK4 BFI mounts and Eibach Sport Kit Springs ****Everything is SOLD**** **MOUNTS ARE SOLD** BFI stage 1 engine and transmission mount with dogbone fitted with ECS inserts. The BFI's have 1500 miles on them. I just dont like the extra vibrations, I'm a wuss. Normally they sell for $179 per mount...
  5. Farfromovin

Cluster Dumps

Just curious if anyone knows of a repository for VAG cluster eeprom dumps? I'm looking for 1J5 920 946 C. For some reason I have two VIN codes showing... Something tells me my original adaptation to my car didn't go exactly as planned. I'd like to recode it to get away from this: It looks...
  6. Farfromovin

Valentine 1 custom remote display for MKIV

Well, this is going to be a feeler of sorts. Not so sure anyone will want this but I think it's the cat meow. Only reason it's for sale is I'm doing something even more custom with a FIS cluster for the remote screen for my V1. Anyway, here it is: It's a regular valentine remote display...
  7. Farfromovin

R32 MAF housing with TDI specific Pierburg element

--Sold-- $100 shipped. An OE R32 MAF housing with a TDI specific Pierburg MAF sensor. The sensor was used for appx 1 yr and is in good working order. This should be installed in conjunction with a remap to adjust the air tables for the larger housing. This is THE LARGEST OE plug n' play MAF...
  8. Farfromovin

FS: PD Lift Pump

--edit-- SOLD PD Lift Pump that has almost 50k miles on it. I replaced it in troubleshooting a "sluggish" starting issue and it made no difference. I bought this pump from IDParts.com back in 2008. Looking for $125 shipped.
  9. Farfromovin

Sgii

--edit-- sold Used SGII for sale. I've had it in my car for about 1.5 yrs, no problems. $100 shipped. Paypal gift preferred as there are no fees :)
  10. Farfromovin

FIS Cluster Adaptations

Alright guys, finally got my VagTacho 3.01 cable and I'm ready to do some adaptations now to my FIS cluster (1J5 920 946C). Specifically, I'd like to nail down the speedometer error and adjust fuel economy which seems difficult in the IMMO3 FIS units. In the "cluster mods" sticky, Occams Razor...
  11. Farfromovin

WTB: PD fuel lines

Looking for pretty much all the MKIV Golf/Jetta PD fuel lines from the cooler to the tandem pump. Feed and return. Anyone know of any BEW partouts?
  12. Farfromovin

MKIV Golf Audio Build Thread

Alright, I know there have been a couple audio build threads as of late so that's a good thing. Get more info out there so people can get different ideas! Here's the ingredients list: Kenwood KDC-X995- Simple yet feature packed single din unit with hands free calling and Pandora ready. JL Audio...
  13. Farfromovin

WTB MKIV Golf Headlights

Looking to purchase stock MKIV Golf headlights. The foggier the better, don't need bulbs, don't care about fogs. Basically, I want those nasty old lights that are in your garage collecting dust. No broken tabs or adjusters, that's the only thing that's gotta be legit here. These will go to a...
  14. Farfromovin

Alternate OE Switch p/n request

From the passatplus page, I'm looking for one of the following two switches: 1J0959511A 1J0959561A I would think the parts were available in German Golfs, but I can't find these part numbers anywhere else. Usually, I can get obscure p/n's to pop up but nothing with 1stvw/impex/ecs. Can someone...
  15. Farfromovin

Any RadarActive users out there?

In case you don't know, radaractive is an iphone app and a physical interface to your valentine1 radar detector. http://radaractive.com/ So, it's similar to trapster where it's a user database, but it automatically takes V1 inputs and puts it on the map. Since the V1 display is routed to the...
  16. Farfromovin

MKV/VI stereo in MKIV?

Well, wish I had more info for this other than it was on uk-mkivs.net and it was done by a guy in France I believe. I think this is a T-reg radio because it's square compared to the MKV/VI Jetta/Golf radio which is rounded: Bottom line is how freakin' sweet is this? Wow. Obviously the problem...
  17. Farfromovin

Antenna coupler?

Alright, my 03 MKIV radio reception has been finicky since I purchased the car a few years ago. I've been using my iPod for the most part so no big deal. Having r/r'd my radio several times over the last few years I know exactly why the reception sucks. The antenna connector on the back of the...
  18. Farfromovin

$20 R32 Maf Housing on Vortex

Cheap alert: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5031594-**-fs-R32-maf-housing-1.8t-parts** $20 plus shipping. It's not mine, I'm just trying to hook up a TDI'er. R32 partout people sell these for $100!! I bought mine for $40 and I thought that was a steal. Some TDI owner jump on this.
  19. Farfromovin

Suspension Upgrade Questions

Hopefully I can get some help here. I know there is enough experience around so here it goes. I have an 03 2dr Golf with OE suspension and 93k miles. I also have a 6m transmission. My background with suspension is I've always had OE. I've never lowered a car and never gone crazy with suspension...
  20. Farfromovin

Feeler: WTB ST cast manifold

Just tossing a line out there to see if there are any ST cast manifolds that were sold with vnt20 kits out there. Just looking for the cast iron exhaust mani.