Search results

1. SirSipsAbit

FS Sirsipsabit part out

Everything must go in this �� Fire sale! Will ship All prices exclude shipping costs PM me for purchases Thread will be updated as parts are removed from car Thank you, it's been fun!
  2. SirSipsAbit

I'm a $#%€ Liar

Well this deal couldn't be passed up! Plus insurance increase was minimal... Got this 2016 2SS for a song! Dual mode exhaust and magnetic suspension. [/URL][/IMG] With that out of the way..... I'm gonna part out my full Stage 2 build. PM me if interested
  3. SirSipsAbit

Parts on order

Yep, I just ordered a bunch more goodies for my TDi. While most are jumping on the band wagon, I'm keeping my perfectly fine automobile. Why? Well here is why....any replacement car I would want will increase: * payment * insurance * fuel ....by a total of at least $600 more per month..... I...
  4. SirSipsAbit

Jetta Insta-torque

So my Jetta has very responsive torque! Played with an Audi S6 V8T today. Each time we punched it I leaped forward a couple car lengths the he zoomed by....he be like ?
  5. SirSipsAbit

What happened to wiper motor thread?

Wondering why the wiper motor thread was removed?
  6. SirSipsAbit

Another awesome tank in the making

Being a member of the 700, 800 and 900 mile club I can say I've learned how to stretch a gallon of diesel. I'm on a trip from Eau Claire to Bemidji which is a mix of 4 lane and 2 lane highways. Just cruising the speed limit with no tricks I've got about 56mpg after a little over 320 miles...
  7. SirSipsAbit

The 1,000 mile attempt

Another work trip to southern Indiana. I wanted to make a valiant effort, but it was a poor start....but with hope! The start was all against me. 10 degrees, nearly new snow tires, 40 psi in the tires....winter mix fuel... With a fresh tank and about 15 miles in my expected range was 590...
  8. SirSipsAbit

Cold weather front...

So I ordered cold weather fronts for myself and a friend. It gets cold here in Wisconsin. Here are some subjective results before and after; W/O Cold Weather Front: 20 degree morning Start car, defrost fan on low, at 5 miles I turn fan to position 3, at 10 miles i switch to half floor &...
  9. SirSipsAbit

900 mile club.....I can smell it!

On a road trip with my 2012 jetta TDi, "slightly" modded. Anyway, I remember my first 600 mile tank, 700 mile tank and the elusive 800 mile tank.....I'm going gonzo for 900 miles right now....I think I can I think I can....it's gonna be close!
  10. SirSipsAbit

Project Sound & Noise Control

I am in process of a fairly complete interior tear down project on my 12 jetta TDi to make the cabin a little less noisy. I'm using the following materials; RAAMMat 1/8" Closed Cell Foam 1/4" thick Jute Insulation ....all areas and panels will be addressed. This type of project I rather enjoy...
  11. SirSipsAbit

Phenomenal MPG

Fully loaded family of 4 going on vacation. Cruise set at 70mph, A/C on. This was from Eau Claire wi thru Indianapolis and into WV... Beat my previous best of 54.5mpg......which I did get into the 800 club on that tank. [/URL][/IMG]
  12. SirSipsAbit

1st tank MPG after Rawtek install

Much to my surprise with lots of, ALL OF spirited driving to and from work and to JFettig ![/URL][/IMG]
  13. SirSipsAbit

How does the TDi stack up to competition...LOOK!

Closed course of course. Same driver, similar condolitions; [/URL][/IMG]
  14. SirSipsAbit

CAI, what I learned today.....

Just got back from Jon Fettigs' for my tune update with the rawtek bits I just installed. Throttle response is night/day better as well as butt dyno gains! Car pulls respectable now. I am putting my stock intake back on due to boost spike and the VNT GOING FULL OPEN at around 3,500 rpm. It...
  15. SirSipsAbit

Koni Sports in a MKVI Jetta Sedan

Hello, Even tho the mfg has no listing for the rear of the MKVI sedan, Tire Rack sells a full kit of the Koni Sports "YELLOWs" for the sedan. As some of you may know, the rear shock body of the koni is a bit longer than the stock Sachs unit. This may seem like an issue, but I don't think it...
  16. SirSipsAbit

Vented guage pod in MKVI Jetta sedan!

Hey peeps, I wanted a vent guage pod in my 12 sedan so I bought the POD25 from New South Performance, hacked it and now have a guage pod in my sedan that's designed for the JSW/GTI..... Remove side access cover; [/URL][/IMG] Remove vent louvers, requires pulling out the front, they will most...
  17. SirSipsAbit

Sirsipsabit needs your help

Sorry if this is forbidden....is there an off topic area? Hey ya'll, as some of you may remember, I am very much into the sport of Powerlifting and Strongman. I have an opportunity but need your vote to help secure a spot. There is an 18month Anti-Bullying Calendar specifically for 18 Super...
  18. SirSipsAbit

Been plugging away with my TDi build....

For those of you that don't visit VWVortex site much, I have been documenting my build there; http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5941629-Sirsipsabit-build-thread Have a nice day!
  19. SirSipsAbit

Mkvi sedan Guru help

Hello gurus, I am in process of doing a brake upgrade on my 2012 jetta premium TDi. It has the 6 SPD manual. I have discovered that the rear rotors I received are 272mm and my stocks are 260mm. Looking on rock auto.com, it appears there are many 272mm rotor choices for 2012 but only a couple...
  20. SirSipsAbit

Stop Tech Brake Rotors

I will be installing thes front and rear tomorrow, anybody else here use these? I searched with no luck...