Search results

1. T

WTB Plastic piece on 2003 Jetta Steering column

Looking for the plastic piece on the steering column. It is on the bottom, just under the steering wheel, where the lever is to adjust the steering wheel. 1999-2005? Jetta MK4. It doesn't have to be perfect looking.
  2. T

Need 2005 Golf rear hatch lock mechanism

I have a 2005 Golf with a messed up rear hatch lock. I have another 2005 Golf with a missing arm on the lock mechanism. I can use everything from that connects to the handle including the handle and lock. If a key is available that would be great.
  3. T

Bluetooth Code Scanner advice?

Any advice or recent experience with a cheap blue tooth code reader for the TDI ALH/BEW engines? I see older articles but I know sometimes new products come out that are better. I own the Ross Tech Vagcom but I need my son to help diagnose his car about 1000 miles away. His car has the 2005...
  4. T

Who has seen +300,000 miles on PD injectors?

I ended up rebuilding an 05 BEW Golf. What can I say to a mint looking Golf with all the parts it needed in my shop. It has 270,000 on the clock that seems correct. The engine after the full rebuild (everything but the injectors), starts quick, runs very smooth and strong with no smoke. I...
  5. T

1998-2000 New Beetle driver side mirror

I am looking for a 1998-2000 New Beetle driver side mirror. Actually just the outer housing is all I really need. This is the older style mirror on the New Beetle body. I think the mirror style switched somewhere around the middle of 2000. The car I have is white but color doesn't matter.
  6. T

2005 VW Wagon body Free

2005 VW Wagon body. It had a BEW engine. Solid body and the paint looks good - only surface spots down at the bottom of the fender area. Color - Red. It has a sun roof and ESP and steel wheels. Interior front seats have issues with upholstery. Door panels look real good. Tan leather...
  7. T

One way to help remove the turbo oil feed line

Removing the turbo oil feed line off the turbo can be a problem without destroying the line. I have ground down wrenches to help with the ALH motors but the BEW ones are even harder. I thought I would try something with one sitting on the shop floor before I touched it with a wrench. I heated...
  8. T

2004 Red Jetta Wagon Parts or Restore

A good looking 2004 Red Jetta Wagon with tan interior. I hate to part it out as the body is in real good shape. The car has about 180,000 on it I was told. No rot through rust on the body or doors and the paint looks pretty good, shiny and not peeling. Just a little surface rust on the front...
  9. T

VW Door panel repair that is strong and looks original

After years of frustration with the VW door panel failures and the solutions that didn't ever deal with having all the tabs broken off I started drilling screws in from behind. That kind of works but the screws tend to poke through. I also repaired some with through bolts but that doesn't look...
  10. T

09a transmission stuck in low gear

I have a 2005 BEW Golf with the 09a tiptronic transmission. The car has about 180,000. When the car first starts the transmission works normal. It shifts properly and feels fine. As it warms up then it starts acting up. It will stay in 1st and refuse to shift to another gear unless it hits...
  11. T

Why my turbo was sticking after cleaning.

I cleaned the turbo by taking it apart and all seemed well for a while. Then it started sticking and would sometimes work properly when warm. Finally years later I decided to investigate why. (after another turbo was installed in the car.) Clearly there were 2 vanes rubbing metal on metal...
  12. T

Scary dangerous ABS locking wheels

Here is what I know. 1. There are no codes shown on VDS and no light on the dash (the light works). 2. ABS seems to funtion properly on dry pavement or gravel. 3. ABS locks up and will NOT release the wheel(s) until car comes to a complete stop when stopping on snow or ice. This condition is...
  13. T

2002 New Beetle body parts

Parting out a blue New Beetle manual. Most all parts available. Interior parts are mostly fair but function. Exterior parts are pretty good. Sun roof. Typical stuff like glove box and console have issues. I will have a working engine for sale from this car or another but keeping the 5 speed...
  14. T

Need New Beetle Headlight

I am looking for a right headlight for a 1999-2005 New Beetle.
  15. T

700 miles a tank club by accident

With a busy schedule and driving in the dark I realize the fuel gauge is pegged on the E. I drove for 10 more miles and filled my New Beetle with 16.2 gallons (726 miles) back to the top of the filler. I did a search and didn't find any answer for sure on how much was left but I was still...
  16. T

One solution for a leaky oil plug

It seems many of the TDI's I own have a leaky oil drain plug (not from my own doing). After trying to repair one with gaskets and the repair plug kits and still having the leak I found another solution that has worked well for me. I clean the area around the drain plug of all the oil residue...
  17. T

Power window challenge

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my power windows go up and down short of direct wires to the motors? Here is the problem... 1. I have converted a 2004 VR6 to a TDI and the TDI instrument cluster is out of a 1999 Jetta with crank up windows. 2. The TDI cluster doesn't know what to do...
  18. T

WTB Climate control module

My car is a 2004 Jetta GLI that has this number on the module... 1JM 990 799 L It must have that number or it will not fit my plug configurations. I am not sure if they used this module in the TDI's but my body is the GLI version that had a VR6 in it before I converted it. I have a couple of...
  19. T

WTB ALH TDI Down Pipe

Looking for a good OEM exhaust down pipe with converter to fit the MK4 ALH cars. I live in Marengo, IL
  20. T

TDI into VR6 GLI

I know it is easier to buy a TDI running but when I am looking at a beautiful VR6 with a bad engine, a good low mileage TDI engine and a shop full of all the swap parts I need, I couldn't resist the challenge. I am going to post surprises or issues through the slow build and stuff that may add...