Search results

1. V

Who’s going to Tesla after their current TDI?

Saw this too, and found myself thinking about how payment for supercharging would be handled. I could be wrong, but I'm led to think it will be handled in a manner similar to all-electronic toll roads.
  2. V

Basically, if I am going through the Chicago area on a weekday from Minnesota to points east, I try to time it so I don't hit the Elgin toll on I-90 before 9am or 7pm, and try to reach the Indiana state line on 80/94 by 5am or 3pm. Also, I would try to avoid trips toward the Chicago area on the...
  3. V

I just took delivery of my Tesla on 05/28/2021, and wonder if the retroactive credit would apply, so long as I took delivery after May 24.....
  4. V

Just found out from the order management page on Tesla's website that I have been assigned a VIN and the estimated delivery period is today through May 29.
  5. V

I have an order pending right now for a Model 3, which is scheduled to be ready for me in May. Currently, I am driving a 2018 Ford Focus, which I bought three years ago as a bridge until I was ready to make the jump to the Model 3. At this point, I really can't envision another VW as my daily...
  6. V

Injection Pump in Minnesota

Going east from St. Paul on I-94, go up the hill, take exit 4 and turn right, they are on the right.
  7. V

EGR Cooler Pipe R&R ?

Also some of the power loss problems you might see from EGR problems could be resolved by simply checking to make sure the pipe is securely fastened - the bolt that did the job for me, when I was at the 2012 Fest, was a very common one that was sourced at a nearby Lowe's for single-digit dollars.
  8. V

PSA: Nearby cheap(er) diesel

Found a Citgo in Ann Arbor at $3.879.
  9. V

The Trip Thread

I got in about 6pm EDT today - I split the drive over two days (spent last night in Madison, WI). On the return trip, considering taking 90 and 52 from Tomah back to Minneapolis.
  10. V

Hotel Reservations - Ypsilanti Marriott

I have a Thursday through Monday room.
  11. V

Costco Diesel Suggestion Link

I noticed that their location in Gypsum, Colorado carries diesel fuel. They could easily enough survey their parking lots and/or the vehicles on which they install tires.
  12. V

TDIFest 2012 coming to Ypsilanti, MI

Coming back from the Montreal fest, I checked the border wait times at London, ON. There was basically no wait at the Ambassador Bridge, so I went that way rather than the Blue Water Bridge (as originally planned, since I had booked a hotel to stop for the night at Lansing, MI, and was planning...
  13. V

TDIFest 2012 -Looking for Expressions of Interest

Ypsilanti would be interesting - close to a major city, close to a major university, close to a hub airport, and for me it is drivable in a day each way. I made the Fowlerville Memorial Day weekend GTG's in one day each way.
  14. V

TDIFest 2012, Where will it be?

Toronto would be fun, I just need to be able to drive it in two days tops. I did Montreal in two days each way - I did the return from Lexington in one!
  15. V

TDIFest 2012, Where will it be?

Hmmm... I managed to sleep quite well the whole time, and I was on the 4th floor next to the elevator(s).
  16. V

Very LOUD acceleration with lack of power...

I had a very similar problem that popped up at the Fest this past weekend. I had the same loss of poster and the car was dogging it, similar to what the OP says happened. As it turns out, it was the EGR flex pipe bolts that were the problem; one was loose and the other was missing. Replacing the...
  17. V

praise the lord and pass the shotgun

Could be worse - per state law liquor stores in Minnesota are closed on Sunday. Personally not a fan of blue laws.
  18. V

Thanks to all the TDIFest planners and volunteers

I wish to congratulate the planners of this year's festival on a job well done. Also kudos to those who helped me with the sudden loss of power in my car once I got there it turned out to be a bolt from the EGR flex pipe that fell out, and the other was loose as well. Apparently, this may have...
  19. V

Boost Leak Keeps Returning

I had a boost leak that came to the fore at the Fest this weekend - as it turns out, the EGR flex pipe bolts were the issue, one was loose, and the other had fallen out. The result was a dramatic loss of power, a hissing noise, and exhaust fumes entering the cabin.
  20. V

Fest videos

This was one I shot yesterday from one Beetle that had a diagonal exhaust stack.