Search results

1. 2slowtdi

Bora i-30 arlington tx

If you have a 2003 Galactic blue Bora with a TDI with a red "I" with SSR wheels , and a red I on the motor cover PM me and I can give you some info if you want. First 3 of tag DM8.
  2. 2slowtdi

USA today big Mercedes Benz diesel test

So the E400 with the V8 diesel is gone?
  3. 2slowtdi

USA today big Mercedes Benz diesel test

A V-8 is needed for the S-class
  4. 2slowtdi

Volkswagen v. Mercedes-Benz

I think the GL is a very nice vehicle and score's high in Consumer Reports , they tested the 2009 BlueTec. The Highest Rated Suv was at 89 , and the GL was 78 rated but still Reliability was below average. All Mercedes owner cost but for the C-class have a full black dot the C-class has a half...
  5. 2slowtdi

Chevy Cruze Diesel a direct competitor to the Jetta TDI

So I wonder if the gas motor will just drop in to take the place of the diesel one. That would be helpful as the GM auto diesel motor was what killed the diesel market here in the USA.
  6. 2slowtdi

First road trip starts tomorrow

Good luck with your shooting. I did shoot competitively with a 6 PPC and 45's but never had 10,000 rounds for a shoot.
  7. 2slowtdi

2003 Jetta TDI

+1 My pump needed to be the viton seal kit but it was after 150,000 miles. I got my 03 new , it was a great car , check the timing belt mine was due at 100K miles.
  8. 2slowtdi

Observing a 3mpg+ gain with Energy Saver A/S tires

I had these on my 2003 TDI and had to go with the only 16" tire that would fit 215/60/16 and I checked the miles with my GPS and they Did give me around 3.5 mpg better over my Pilot Exalto A/S. I only had my car for 10,000 miles with the tires before selling it so I don't know how long they...
  9. 2slowtdi

Why did you buy a diesel?

I drive diesels because you can put so many miles on them and they just keep going and going. Mileage is just a plus so I don't have to stop on trips as often.
  10. 2slowtdi

Anybody keep a jerry can at all times?

I use the rubber tie down with hook on each end and hook it to the underside of the back where my amp was never had any problems. I get a five gallon jug that is about 16" X 16" on the bottom with five gallons its 38 lbs. I get them from a lube center that gets window washer fluid in , so when...
  11. 2slowtdi

ECU tuning question

http://www.upsolute.com Try them
  12. 2slowtdi

To E15 or not to E15, that is the question

What needs to be done is all the E85 vehicles need to use E85 , do the different size nozzle like they did with unleaded. Then let the cars , trucks , boats and everything that not able to run ethanol for any reason use fuel with out ethanol , that would save more fuel that E15. My Land Rover...
  13. 2slowtdi

charger per 330d 3000cc diesel, per avere +400hp

Not to many people on this side of the pond that have the parts to make power here on BMW diesels. The Finnish have made Big Hp from the Benz's. BMW has only been here a few years and most still are under warranty.
  14. 2slowtdi

b100 in an alh

I ran B-100 to B20 for years in my ALH motor and I did replace the injection pump seal with the viton seal and the return lines fuel with viton. I found that B-20 worked best for mileage and power.
  15. 2slowtdi

Is Mercedes behind in diesel technology?

As small as the TDI's are and as Large as the Benz's can get , your not going to get a orange from a apple.
  16. 2slowtdi

Road Hazard: Bicyclists' Disregard of Traffic Laws

I did bike alot years ago I would ride in the Hotter than Hell every year and have had a few close calls. I think some drivers don't know how to pass bicyclists so I do try to set a good example and show them how even if the bicyclists are not the best of riders. The last thing I want to do is...
  17. 2slowtdi

Stay-cation's with the Price Of Fuel ?

I'm glad to see that more people have a plan to keep going and not just to set. The Airlines may not like us , but that just gives a chance to see other diesel owners.
  18. 2slowtdi

2013 Mercedes Benz GLK 2.1L Diesel for North America

Thats just it I would like a new diesel , G-wagon or D-110. Here in North America the U.S. got the D-110 for one year and a total of 500 and Canada got 25 all 3.9L V8 not any more so how many are left and how much can they be sold for? I like the diesel as I would not have to carry fuel can's...
  19. 2slowtdi

So where do I get a G-wagon diesel? All the ones that where imported before MB started importing them have been trashed or the ones I have seen have been. I would also like a Defender 110 diesel!! The gasser 110 I drove was nice but they are running around $75 USD for a 1993. The little GLk...
  20. 2slowtdi

$50k for a 3.5V6 gasser loaded , a little over $36k for the entry one most times a diesel I looked at a VW Touareg TDI this weekend to replace my Land Rover and it was $60k a ML Bluetec is $6k cheaper