Search results

1. B

After the Fix

What is the buzz on how well the TDI diesels perform after the NOX fix? I assume there is lower MPG. How about power? I have a 2011 Golf TDI that I'll have to do something with sometime soon. Are the newer version of the Golf fixable? Should I be considering a newer fixed version? I'll...
  2. B

Clutch replacement then coolant leak.

I had to get my 2011 Golf TDI, 6 speed manual, clutch replaced recently. A week or so after getting it back from the dealership that replaced it the coolant level alarm went off. I added coolant to the proper level and a few days after that it went off again - and again more coolant was added...
  3. B

Where's the 2-door...and where's the manual shift transmissions.

I saw the discussion on the disappearing availability of manual transmissions. I'm with the unhappy on that one. But also, where are the 2-door models? Even at 6'5" my 2-door Golf TDI (manual transmission!) allows me very easy entrance and exit. What a great car. Now suddenly, I won't...
  4. B

Clutch pressure plate problem? And buyback.

Recently, on occasion, usually when I get I first get into my 2011 Golf TDI, 6-speed manual, when I push the clutch in it seems only to come back halfway. When the clutch pedal is pushed it still disengages the clutch but the clutch action is more immediate than when the pedal works normally...
  5. B

Tire size alternatives

I have a 2011 Golf TDI (2 door, 6 speed manual) that soon will need new front tires. I need some advice. I'm think about going to slightly taller tires to reduce my engine RPM at speed with the intent of improving mpg slightly. The standard tire is 225/45/17. The only other tire TireRack...
  6. B

Alabama to Jackson, Wyoming - South into Texas - then back to Alabama

I posted last year about a cross country trip I took. I've done it again. Mine is a 2011 VW Golf TDI (6MT). Left from Birmingham and went through nashville, into Kentucky, slipped through Southern Illinois and took a left in Iowa (west) through S. Nebraska, through Wyoming, into the...
  7. B

My cross country drive.

I just got back from a nationwide loop in my 2011 Golf TDI 6 speed manual. What a pleasure it was. Temperature even in the deserts of the West were acceptable so the use of air conditioning use was minimal. I was in no hurry so my average speed was probably 65, perhaps a couple of mph less...
  8. B

Accelerator smoothness

I'm loving my brand new 2011 Golf TDI, 6 speed manual. I've always been good at shifting all the different manual transmission cars, mostly VWs, over the years. But sometimes my Golf manual transmission seems to have "clinkiness," on occasion, as I make and finalize the shift. Its as though...