Search results

1. L

91 jetta radio code

If all else fails read the instructions again. You just enter your four digits starting from the first button (1) . Don't need to be looking for the numbers of your code. All I have to do now is make sure I have the right code.
  2. L

91 jetta radio code

I had the instrument cluster out to replace bulbs and unplugged the radio thinking I had the security code in the manual. there was a handwritten one in there. you are supposed to enter that number using the channel selection buttons that go to #6. The code I have has a 9 in it. How does...
  3. L

going to look at this 06

What do I need to be concerned about for this serial numbered vehicle?? I may trade my 00 that I bought new. Just saw it on their lot today and will go and have a closer look/drive tomorrow. leon http://okcarsales.ca/vw-jetta-tdi-sedan-gls-heated-seats-2006
  4. L

I am confused

I am understanding somewhat more now but still can't quite grasp why the total weight of the air/fuel mixture would be pollutant?? At least that is the way I see it being explained.
  5. L

I am confused

Thank you Matthew, that link helps alot.
  6. L

I am confused

I was watching a CBC documentary on global warming last night and they were talking about the average two car family putting out 20 tons of pollutant per year with those two vehicles. Now how much can one gallon of gas put out weight wise in pollutant??? I mean a gallon of gas weighs under 10...
  7. L

Valve cover gasket??

Thank you MOGolf.
  8. L

Valve cover gasket??

About to do my timing belt and notice in all the instructions and kits that a valve cover gasket is not mentioned. What is used on the valve cover for a seal???
  9. L

Gates timing belt No.

I am gathering the parts I need to do my 2000 jetta tdi timing belt and have the Gates belt with part #5559XS on the box and on the belt. This came via ALTROM through my local Lordco parts store. Just want to confirm that it is the correct belt. I Gave them the 038 109 119M number and this is...
  10. L

lost power

Well, I have to clarify that when I said it lost power I thought the engine had stalled but my wife said she thought it just went down to idle. I was a little too busy trying to get to the side to really notice and then I turned off the ignition. This vehicle has already had the intake replaced...
  11. L

lost power

I was on a freeway with the cruise on and caught up to a slower vehicle so pulled into the left lane and went to accelerate to pass and the engine lost power. It would not rev up. I pulled to the shoulder and stopped and turned the engine off. It started up and performed as normal for the rest...
  12. L

Volkswagen Rabbit springs into New York - Just in time for Easter

I bought my first VW in 1980 and it was a Rabbit diesel. That was a great little car that got fantastic mileage and was basically trouble free for the 200,000 klms or so that I put on it. I can say it had far less problems than my current 2000 Jetta tdi (bought new) which has only 110,000 klms...
  13. L

Warning - Ceramic Glow Plugs in PD!

Just read another forum where the new duramax was having the same problem with their gp's. Tips coming off causing catostrophic engine failure. Makes you wonder why VW, GM and Chrysler don't go to a grid heater like Cummins has in the Dodge. It's probably because its a little slower than the new...
  14. L

Location of Resistor Pack for Heater Fan?

Darren, could you fill me in on what happened to your heater motor??? My son in law is up in Whitehorse and his quit last night and he is trying to fiqure it out. Its a 2000 jetta tdi. Where is the resistor pack. Did a search and only could find your post. thanks
  15. L

heater control dash lights out

Thank you very much Gern Blanton. Much appreciated.
  16. L

heater control dash lights out

My son in laws 2000 jetta's heater control knobs no longer light up with the rest of the dash lights. Has anybody had this problem or gotten into replacing lights or fuses or whatever might be the problem. Are there separate circuits for different parts of the dash??
  17. L

TDI enters Guinness world records book – again

Maybe this company is onto something that will take care of the loss of efficiency with torque converters and clutches. This is going to be an interesting one to watch. http://www.transrevolution.com/
  18. L

Canadian moving to California

My apologies, She ran out of time and will be looking for something in California. I suspect it won't be a tdi now though. Thanks for the input again.
  19. L

excess pressure in valve cover

Thanks for the responses. It is the eclipse separator so in all likelyhood it is frozen up. Will have him remove it for the winter.
  20. L

excess pressure in valve cover

My son-in-law is experiencing a problem with his 2000 Jetta tdi 5speed. It is blowing oil out the oil filler cap and when he takes the cap off it is under pressure. A lot more than what you would expect. The only modification is an oil separator installed between the ccv and the egr. There...