going to look at this 06

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Looks nice, couldn't find a price though.

If you end up purchasing it:

Change the oil to TDT or use a zddp additive with VAG oils.

Also, service the DSG immediately.

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
Leon R said:
What do I need to be concerned about for this serial numbered vehicle?? I may trade my 00 that I bought new. Just saw it on their lot today and will go and have a closer look/drive tomorrow. leon

http://okcarsales.ca/vw-jetta-tdi-sedan-gls-heated-seats-2006
I have had no issues with mine whatsoever and it is the best car I've ever owned I don't have the DSG though, mine being a 5 speed. Mine also looks slightly different with the dash trim which is probably since mine is a 2006.5 which is actually a 2007 production run (10/06) but couldn't be sold as an 07 since it could not meet the tier 2 bin 5 emission regulations implemented in Jan of 2007. Check that it has been properly serviced and that the proper VW spec 505.01 oil was put in the PD engine and that it hasn't been in an accident. Nice looking car, mine is black.
Frank

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
Price: 23997
Vin Number: 3VWST31K46M804077
Mileage: 64341

It seems expensive, but I don't know about Canadian prices.

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
Windjammer said:
Price: 23997
Vin Number: 3VWST31K46M804077
Mileage: 64341

It seems expensive, but I don't know about Canadian prices.
The mileage or odometer is actually in Km's which works out to .62 miles or approx 40,000 miles. The canadian $ is currently 79 cents US so the price is ball park for similar cars I've been following. There are way more of these TDI's per capita in canada than in the US and not that many for sale.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Good looking car. Seems pricey for that model. I recommend checking pricing on new 2009 models as a comparison.

As mentioned above, it's time for the 40K mile DSG service, so subtract $500. (Cost to do yourself is $200, but also need VAS-6262 tool and Vag-Com). Then subract another $300 for rest of 40K mile service: oil & filter, air filter, fuel filter. (or ~$130 to do yourself).

If really serious about the car, as condition of purchase have local TDI mechanic remove valve cover and feel cam lobes for wear, such as a flat edge near lobe tips. Check out the "BRM Cam Lobe" post for more details.