Search results

1. S

2015 bucking HARD under slow acceleration in 1st/2nd gear.

After a month of diagnosis, I've noticed the hard bucking really only occurs under heavier acceleration/uphill. Lesser bucking has now even occured in 6th gear on the interstate, in spurts of two or three. But when she's under load, it bucks hard, like I'm hitting the brakes. I've driven...
  2. S

Race Chip or other piggyback tune?

Haven't found much regarding this, but after a couple of weeks in my '15 Passat, I'm feeling like the fix has definitely impacted performance. I'm not used to driving a car this large (and haven't touched a DSG in over ten years) but can't imagine VW releasing a car that performs like this...
  3. S

Brake pad upgrade?

Recently picked up a 2015 Passat, which - after driving much smaller cars all my life - took some self-convincing. Even though it's not a manual (which is also a big departure for me) the Sport mode and the pull from the CKRA should keep me happy. However, coming from a BBK on my last car, the...
  4. S

Help with installing new fogs with DRL kit (NMS)

I'm back into a TDI after a two year break and grabbed a Passat SE last week! Loving the car, but I've already got the mod bug and have never worked with lighting or much electrical. I'd really like to install this LED DRL kit, but to do it right, would also need to install the fog lights and...
  5. S

I followed VW's directions to a T and my offer letter was rejected.

VW botched my change from Emissions Fix to Buyback that I made in October, (once I finalized my registration on the portal) and still managed to email me a final offer including the Fix. But they've made it possible to change your settlement at any time, right? :o Bottom of page 4 of the...
  6. S

Looking at a 2006 BRM with 120k. What do I need to know?

I know this info is out there, but sometimes a nice gearhead can save someone like me an hour of searching with a helpful post :) So a local guy is asking $5k on a 2006 Jetta with 120k on the clock. Sunroof, Monsoon sound, leather, heated seats, brand new tires... pictures look GREAT. I'm...
  7. S

Vibration begins at 50 and continues, but subsides with increased speed.

Got a headscratcher: My car is vibrating on the highway and it's driving me nuts. Nothing awful, just an oscillation that can be felt through the seat, but NOT through the steering wheel. It begins right around 50mph - where it's the worst - and continues as high as 70+, but is much less...
  8. S

Bad fuel evap or solenoid? Trouble filling up...

Having trouble searching as I'm not sure about the terminology... My 2010 is already giving me trouble at the pump, with some hit-and-miss refuels. I'm getting the classic cutoff from the handle, as the air isn't being evacuated from the tank properly. Any special fixes on this for a diesel...
  9. S

Urgent help needed: shift tower locked!

Finishing up a clutch job and fear I might have broken the little L-shaped black plastic locking mechanism for the 02Q. The shift tower will not budge and I can't even get the whole mechanism out to inspect. Any ideas? The L-lock moves in and out but seems a tad crooked. Tried everything...
  10. S

Looking for opinions before reinstalling clutch...

I'm humbly seeking some opinions before throwing in a new-to-me clutch kit I purchased from a member on here. It's a Sachs SRE performance clutch sold from Darkside Developments. (History: Car was foolishly used to tow some heavy equipment early in her life, driven just fine for 60k, clutch...
  11. S

Clutch DIY?

I've been researching clutches for a while now and might have figured out what I'm gonna do... but need to start getting my ducks in a row for a garage job. I'm not the most knowledgeable, but did successfully swap a clutch on an old ALH over a weekend. It's been a few years, so I can't...
  12. S

DD Clutch kit: Sachs or Valeo?

I've been limping on a slipping clutch for close to a year now and am finally able to afford a new kit. Stock 2010 TDI with 65k. I'm looking at the Sachs kit from ECS and the Valeo from Europa Parts. (Edit: just to be fair, IDparts has the Valeo kit as well.) I've been reading up on the...
  13. S

LuK clutch on eBay?

Anyone know anything about this clutch or the seller? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Luk-Clutch-Kit-VW-Volkswagen-Jetta-Passat-Audi-A3-Eos-2008-2007-2006-/360671274188? I contacted Discount Auto Parts, but they say they unfortunately cannot provide a part number. My car is listed as compatible...
  14. S

DMF Clutch Rebuild?

Is this possible? The prices on completely new DMF kits for this platform are insane... I went through some clutch issues with an older ALH but replaced the kit with a compatible VR6 SMF. Mechanic charged me $300 in labor and I remember a Kevlar resurfacing of the clutch disk was $90 (the first...
  15. S

$1k+ clutch kits!?

Sorry if this is common knowledge regarding later model cars, but I bought a brand-new $300 Sachs kit for my ALH just two years ago and figured I'd be paying ABOUT the same. Wrong. (Now that I think about it... it might have been a SMF.) Still, seeing nothing under a thousand bucks worries...
  16. S

Fraying cloth seats: I fear I've let this go too long.

When living in NC, I bought a 2010 Golf TDI that I do love. I bought the car from a dealership in SC, however, that I used for the first ~30k miles. During this time, my cloth seats began to fray on the outer bolsters, as most of us are well-aware of. This was within the first 10k and the...
  17. S

Creaking from the rear (Golf 2 door)

I've had this issue off and on since I bought the car, but with it being more frequent recently, it's becoming more mysterious. The annoyance is a definite metal-on-metal squeaking/creaking noise that sounds like it comes from either back panel under the windows of my back seat or maybe even...
  18. S

FS: VCDS HEX+CAN, ALH Injectors, etc...

HEX-USB+CAN (Dual K): $200 shipped US SOLD ALH injectors, with nozzles (one nozzle is bent): $100 shipped US SOLD MetalNerd Timing Belt Tools for A4 ALH with long-reach camshaft lock: $140 shipped US SOLD ALH head core (beat all to hell, but rebuildable according to Frank06): $50 + shipping...
  19. S

Diagnosing low power after recent rebuild?

A few months ago we broke a valve (pics and history here) and finally, recently saved up to have it fixed. I bought used pistons and a used head for our guru to install with a new head kit, rings, bearings and lifters. The head and pistons were bought from veteran members here and approved by...
  20. S

Question about shifting into first gear...

On our 5-speed Jetta, when decelerating (approaching a stop sign, etc) if I try to put the car into first gear before it is at a complete stop, it will grind every time. This occurs with the clutch pedal to the floor, of course, but I can hear and feel a definite grind, and am unable to get the...