Search results

1. D

BEWARE! Text message scammers!

I have a car listed here and also on my local Craigslist. I made the mistake of putting my cell phone number on the posting. I have not sold a car in a while so I've been out of the scammer-loop. I got an almost immediate text response from an anonymous person in Akron Ohio who would "buy the...
  2. D

2004 Passat wagon 5spd stage3 in CT

For sale, $5000.00 or best reasonable offer... I know I won’t get back the money I have in this car, but I’m fair and it needs to go...regretfully I need to move on from this project. This car runs great, looks like... well, not so great. Need minor body work and paint, interior needs...
  3. D

2005 Passat Wagon, 5spd, BSD, Stage2, etc

Well I hate to put this great car up for sale but for a number of personal reasons, retiring and down-sizing being one of them, my project Passat Wagon is on the block. The car is the Dark Green with Tan interior, sunroof. Just passing 200,000k. This car is almost complete. All the mechanical...
  4. D

Are there any QUALITY STARTERS out there anymore?

OK, my B5 Passat 5-spd build car likely needs a starter, and many I talk to are concerned that re-builds these days are junk. Some even say the VW parts ones are crap too, all built in China. Does anyone have any good leads on QUALITY rebuilds? There used to be a family run...
  5. D

FOR SALE: M&R SPRINGS, B5 Passat wagon.

H&R. Typo in the Title, can't edit it. Dang. http://www.hrsprings.com/ These are really nice springs, they lower the car about 3/4", perhaps as much as an inch. They create a very taught suspension that is great for good road surfaces and are just fun as all heck to drive. I was riding...
  6. D

WTB - POWER SEATS, 5.5 Passat

I need B5 seats to finish my build, want tan ones if possible, decent shape preferred though I will be recovering them, but don't want them too beat. If you know of such, or are parting out a hi-optioned car, let me know. Thanks in advance!
  7. D

Wtb passat tdi parts car

Wanted for a V6 4Motion swap project. I'm looking for a VERY nice parts car, Passat TDI 2000-2005 or so. My preference would be for a low-ish mileage car, say, 150k or so, well maintained that perhaps was wrecked or suffered some other indignity. I need ALL the under-hood parts intact so a...
  8. D

2004 PASSAT WAGON, 4Motion... project, $800.00

This car is in superb condition, 120k miles, older person owned it, I bought it from an Estate sale situation. V6 30v, 4Motion, not running, transmission blown. The transmission blew and it sat for nearly two years. The engine want's to start, but I'm not putting any effort or cash into...
  9. D

2004 Passat TDI Wagon build - Manual swap, tune...

OK, the project has begun! I've been seriously missing my blue 6-spd JETTA TDI Wagon since the buyback and have been lusting over a built Passat wagon for years... Found a decent 2004 with a blown Auto Trans for a very good price, so it's "Hello Frans"! Getting a Euro transmission, likely a...
  10. D

TDI swap questions!

I'm considering dropping a TDI in an early 2000's Manual Passat Wagon. I would get a wrecked TDI donor car and swap everything out... I can get a 5-spd 1.8 gasser cheap... needs engine work... Wrecked early-mid 2000's TDI Autos are available all over the place. Any issues using this...
  11. D

96 Passat TDI sedan, 140k, for sale

Green 96 Passat TDI sedan, 140k miles, cruise, A/C, etc. Recent brakes incl. rotors all round, Recent gauge cluster, tires (Michelin MXZX's), American Racing alloys, very clean. The car has had the driver's window regulator replaced, and the ignition switch and cylinder have both been replaced...
  12. D

'96 Passat gauge cluster- rebuilder referrals?

\'96 Passat gauge cluster- rebuilder referrals? Any suggestions for a good rebuilder? My gauge cluster needs to be re-built, who has had theirs done by whom? GoFaster has used a dealer... any others?
  13. D

96 Passat Gauge cluster problem...different?

I'm having a variant of the "just over 100k and guages failing" problem... I searched the forum and didn't find this specific weird failure... cluster in general is freaking... no display, weird frequent but quiet "bzzzt" sound that occurs when the lcd is dimly flickering... car starts and...