Transmission mount part problem

POC

TDI
1.9L
I'm replacing all 3 mounts on my 05 Beetle TDI. The bottom one and engine were no problem. The Transmission one I got from Rockauto doesn't seem to be the right one. I've looked on other websites and the style I got is what is listed by multiple retailers.
The inboard most hole doesn't line up, at all.
I don't have an image hosting site so can't post the pics.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Just read your sig., Guess thats the other side of rockauto that I never really hear about. Never had an issue with parts being stamped from China. Although, I know there are different brands they offer so maybe it might have been that one the OP selected?

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Just read your sig., Guess thats the other side of rockauto that I never really hear about. Never had an issue with parts being stamped from China. Although, I know there are different brands they offer so maybe it might have been that one the OP selected?
Wrong part due to incorrect catalog listings. They don't know a TDI from a hole in the ground. They are listing Jetta and Beetle as the same. Beetle came DSG, Jetta 09a tiptronic and 01M autotragic. Also no associated one time use hardware that idparts links!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
2006 Golfs and J-wagons were still the Typ 1J A4, and that car in both Golf and Jetta sedan continued to be built and sold all over the place. Add in the names are not always the same, the cataloging peeps often get confused. Especially if the IT department is full of foreigners, which they often are.

It really helps to have a decent handle on the VAG part numbering system, but even that isn't failsafe because they have a bad habit of updating the prefix when a new platform comes out. Like the N75 valve, for instance.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
We had 2006 Golfs here, too. The A5 Golf didn't come until 2007, and they renamed them Rabbits (and we only got the 2.5L gasser).