Recent content by rd17vwtdi

1. R

It's (semi) Official. 2015 owners get the shaft

I bought my car less than a month and a half before this broke, soo yeah I think I might fall into that "Plunked down a good chunk of change for a vehicle that was immediately tossed into a scandal" group. :p No Im not at all saying its a win/win, but I do think its a good and potentially more...
  2. R

It's (semi) Official. 2015 owners get the shaft

I 100% agree with this, I dont get why so many people with '15s are acting like they must do the Buy-back or that thats their only option. Even the majority of people that are complaining about/dont like the terms of the Buy-back are still talking about choosing Buy-back anyway. If you own a...
  3. R

Dieselgate: Volkswagen to Spend Up to $14.7 Billion to Settle ...

If you hover over the Question Mark next to Tentative Return Date, it very clearly states that your not actually scheduling an appt. The ONLY reason the Return Date section is even there at all is so people can plug in their estimated Monthly Mileage and test out different Return Dates to see...
  4. R

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

It would be, except it seems theres a lot more dealers that won't do that then ones that will. I went to both VW dealers near me and asked if they could do that and both flat out said NO, even with explaining to them that other dealers have agreed to do that for customers when asked. Hopefully...
  5. R

Goodwill Cards

I did the same thing. The cards expire 1 year after their ISSUED. So if you signed up right away after it was announced, your cards will more likely than not expire before this is resolved. I figured this was going to drag out so I purposely waited till the last week before registering. My...
  6. R

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

But those same gas cars also put out considerably more Co2 and other harmful pollutants than a TDi... conveniently left that out of your argument huh?
  7. R

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

That's what I was thinking. It expires 4/30, so in the next couple of days. I originally held off bc I didn't really urgently need the $1000. Obviously I could use an extra $1000 just like everyone else, but car-wise I didn't have anything coming up that I knew was going to be expensive, like a...
  8. R

Have a question for you guys about the two $500 Hush-money Cards. Do you guys see any benefit to NOT signing up for the Goodwill Cards? I see on prev posts from numerous pages back, the general consensus is that the Goodwill Cards were to: One, help identify owners of affected TDi cars, and...
  9. R

The biggest difference with what I posted and the hundreds of previous discussions is that 99% of the previous discussions were simply random peoples that drive VWs personal opinions about what could/should be done. What I posted does not AT ALL contain any of my personal thoughts or opinions...
  10. R

So I was talking to a friend of mine today who works for Volkswagen(not at a dealership). I've asked him a few times over the last few months and the majority of the times he didn't have a lot to tell me, which was generally bc the VW Mothership was still scrambling to figure out a solution, and...
  11. R

Jetta TDLie - Question about class action lawsuits

Someone should seriously go slap that lawyer...preferably with a little baby-powder sprinkled on their hand. :p He's doing more than just misrepresenting, he's flat out purposely trying to scare people into acting. His middle paragraph about how No one should drive a vehicle with its Pollution...
  12. R

My need to know.

I was typing fast and didnt really word that correctly. Its not necessarily at the end of its life cycle, I was more making him aware that the car is at the mileage where it could potentially be an issue sooner than later. The dealership says to have it inspected at 120k and then every 10k...
  13. R

My need to know.

Keep in mind the TDi's have some pretty major scheduled maintenance that is supposed to be done around 120K. So thats def something to consider, since you'd be buying the car right before all that needs to be done. That also could partially be the reason the previous owner decided to get rid of...
  14. R

What did you do to your car today?

The majority of the OBDII Readers are pretty cheap, but some are def better than others. Are you using an iPhone or Android? Androids work well with Bluetooth OBDII Readers, but if your using an iPhone you need to get a Wifi OBDII Reader. iPhones cant transmit data through Bluetooth unless they...
  15. R

What did you do to your MKVI-A6 Golf family/JSW today?

I built my own USB Kit for the center console, for about $20, and installed it. Setup so USB always hot which allows me to charge my phone even with the car off. Also got a shorter charging cable for the iPhone that I use as a monitor/gauges and finished monitor install. Also finally pulled...