VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
I used $160 of the dealer card to purchase the 20k and 30k service package, since I assumed I would drive my TDI until then (might as well get the full 3 years worth of warranty before I turn it in). If I keep the car, I'll probably use the remaining $350 to pay for a portion the 40k/50k service package ($719).
If not, my 20 year old F-150 needs some work done (tune up, etc.). Would I be the laughingstock if I rolled in to the VW dealership and asked them to work on it? :D
My dealer was very accommodative with the dealer cards. Since many of us would not have a reason to use the card prior to the expiration date, the dealer merely accepted them and gave us a line of credit with no expiration. A good solution if you intend to keep the car and like your dealer. Ask your dealer to do the same.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
My dealer was very accommodative with the dealer cards. Since many of us would not have a reason to use the card prior to the expiration date, the dealer merely accepted them and gave us a line of credit with no expiration. A good solution if you intend to keep the car and like your dealer. Ask your dealer to do the same.
This is an excellent solution, and should finally put an end to all the posts about "What on earth do I do with the dealer card?" A dealer has every reason to simply collect on the card from VW and extend a line of credit. The dealer gets the money right away, and the owner uses the credit there. Everybody's happy.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Everybody's happy.
...if you have a dealer that you reasonably expect to spend at least $500 with in the foreseeable future. There are any number of reasons why that might not be the case. It is a good alternative to consider, though.

Stibz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2009 Jetta
I've tried to use my dealer card to order parts from local dealerships who have online stores. Both wouldn't allow me to order the materials online for the discount and then use the card to pay...it's BS.

I'd have to come in and pay full retail markup and then I can use the card. Thanks, VW.

Stibz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2009 Jetta
That's exactly what I said to them...his response was they're trying to get people into the actual dealership.

I wanted to order local so I can just pick it up and figured I would call ahead of time.

I still might try to order online and just enter the numbers on the card for payment and see what happens. There are two different sets of numbers on the front and back of the card...not sure if they'll work.

rd17vwtdi

TDI
2012 Golf TDi
This is an excellent solution, and should finally put an end to all the posts about "What on earth do I do with the dealer card?" A dealer has every reason to simply collect on the card from VW and extend a line of credit. The dealer gets the money right away, and the owner uses the credit there. Everybody's happy.

It would be, except it seems theres a lot more dealers that won't do that then ones that will. I went to both VW dealers near me and asked if they could do that and both flat out said NO, even with explaining to them that other dealers have agreed to do that for customers when asked.

Hopefully the ones near you are less douchy than ones near me..

Last edited:

Mrs. Peel

TDI
2002 Beetle, 2005 Beetle, 2006 Beetle
amazon

Tried to use the Visa at Walmart and it wouldn't go through, so I put all $500 on our amazon gift card. I use amazon to buy dog food and guitar accessories, so I'm glad someone posted that idea earlier. Quick and easy.

I'll probably be using the dealer card to get repairs that have to be done at a dealer on my older TDI Beetles (software related apparently).

Good timing, since once I sell the '09 wagon back due to its emissions, I'll be driving the old TDI Beetles full time again. My mechanic tells me this is quite ironic...

Though I'll be hanging on to the wagon for now to see how the fix or lack of fix pans out.

bockegg

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Loyalty TDi w/ DSG
Mine actually died a couple weeks ago as well. I was not a happy camper. But the battery was only two years old so they replaced it for free. Skated on that one.
I've owned many vehicles, including many other diesels. I never had a battery go bad in 3 years like this 2009 Jetta. Must be common for the batteries to die quickly. I trickle charge all my batteries in fall and spring too.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
My bug can't go a month without the battery dying, but I'm also out in the desert in 120 degree heat.

Our modern CR TDIs have numerous subsystems in always-on states and I believe the TDI charging system doesn't really juice up the battery like domestics while driving...all that combined with a relatively small battery means they do die quickly without frequent use.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
My bug can't go a month without the battery dying, but I'm also out in the desert in 120 degree heat.

Our modern CR TDIs have numerous subsystems in always-on states and I believe the TDI charging system doesn't really juice up the battery like domestics while driving...all that combined with a relatively small battery means they do die quickly without frequent use.
It is stuff like this that makes the choice of buyback versus fix easy even if it means taking a hit.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
I used part of the $1000 (2x$500 Visa as we have 2 JSQ) to make a deposit on our Volvo V60 order... I wanted to use the whole part but something else I wanted was on sale and the sale ended before we decided to pull the trigger on the Volvo.

But I made sure I used at least part of the Goodwill VW card on the Volvo.

I am trying to figure out how to use the dealer card money as a deposit on an Audi. The Audi dealership is part of an automotive group that also has a VW dealership though they physically separated in the last year to have separate locations. Previously they were all at the same location. Reports are that Audi can't accept the VW dealer cards and VW can't accept the Audi cards.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I used part of the $1000 (2x$500 Visa as we have 2 JSQ) to make a deposit on our Volvo V60 order... I wanted to use the whole part but something else I wanted was on sale and the sale ended before we decided to pull the trigger on the Volvo.

But I made sure I used at least part of the Goodwill VW card on the Volvo.

I am trying to figure out how to use the dealer card money as a deposit on an Audi. The Audi dealership is part of an automotive group that also has a VW dealership though they physically separated in the last year to have separate locations. Previously they were all at the same location. Reports are that Audi can't accept the VW dealer cards and VW can't accept the Audi cards.
Cash it.

I had to discount it some, but got $500 on the first card.

emersonbiggins

TDI
09 JSW TDI
Bought a new Yeti Tundra 50 cooler with what was left on my dealer card at Hewlett VW down by Austin yesterday. I would never spend my own cash on it, but I like the idea of getting something useful out of VW's money. Highly recommend, plus Austin always makes for a fun road trip.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Where are people selling their VW cards?
I'd like to sell mine to someone who could use it, and save them a little $$$.
I sold my to a TDICLUB member.

Sadly I did it 6-8 months ago and have lost track of him.

Can't remember all of my details, Think he was in the membership of authorized TDICLUB mechanics (?) or something like that.

It was a great deal for me. He said he was 100% pleased too.

Wish I could help more.

TDI_ROLLER

TDI
2010 Jetta SW TDI
Thanks to whoever mentioned Keffer VW. I just used my dealer card to buy some oakleys, t-shirts and what not. I was going to use it at a VW/Subaru dealer in Long beach, but I don't feel like driving up there for there inflated prices.

zoomydu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Just got back from using my $500 loyalty card to put new tires on my nearly 11 year old Mazda 3. When we bring the VW in for buyback we'll likely also be trading in the Mazda on a new vehicle (since the 15 year old DS is crazy and doesn't have any interest in driving -- in spite of free, fun little car), so we didn't want to dump money into new tires...but they've really needed replacement for a while. And the VW is doing enough stupid stuff (non-functional A/C, torn sunroof seal, mystery clunk when braking or accelerating from stop) that we are essentially parking it until our buyback appt., so having the Mazda not hydroplaning on wet roads is a good thing.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I think you can. I got this email from a newvwparts.com site with the headline that read below.

Up To 40% off MSRP Sitewide - TDI Dealer Cards Accepted
https://stores.revolutionparts.com/newvwparts.com/
I just ordered a oil cooler and a few gaskets to replace mine from these folks. Accepted my goodwill dealer card without issue. I'm awaiting the email confirmation. This site was the cheapest online that I found. The shipping was also less than the others. MUCH lower pricing than my local dealership which charges full MSRP. The parts and shipping were approx. $270. A few dollars to spend before November.

Jamos

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SW
If anyone is interested in a $500 VW dealer card for $475, let me know.

I sold my to a TDICLUB member.

Sadly I did it 6-8 months ago and have lost track of him.

Can't remember all of my details, Think he was in the membership of authorized TDICLUB mechanics (?) or something like that.

It was a great deal for me. He said he was 100% pleased too.

Wish I could help more.

philip_g

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
Bought new tires from the dealer for the wife's new car yesterday. Severely overpriced but after the 500 bucks off a good deal

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Cash it.

I had to discount it some, but got $500 on the first card.

I ended up buying the Audi (separate from the dealer cards) but one of the local VW dealers parts departments was happy to "buy" me Audi accessories from their sister Audi dealership and "mark them up" and resell to me. The marked up price was less than Audi MSRP on the accessories so I didn't complain. So I used the $900 I had left on my 2 VW dealer cards to buy the factory Audi floor mats, the factory cargo carrier rails, VW version of the bike rack (same rack, not branded), cargo net, and cargo carrier bag to store cargo carrier rails in.

All in all I can't complain. Besides the buyback, the $1000 in Visa cards we got for our two JSW as part of the goodwill package went to put $200 down on our Euro delivery Volvo order, and $800 on 2 Michael Pope bass preamp systems, and the $1000 in dealer cards went to pay $100 deductible on a service contract repair, and accessories for the Audi.

camaro888

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Does anybody know/can you confirm we can use the $500 dealer card on accessories/etc. on the drivergear.vw.com website??

Thanks all.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
Does anybody know/can you confirm we can use the $500 dealer card on accessories/etc. on the drivergear.vw.com website??

Thanks all.
Yes I used it mostly at local dealer for oil and filters, but anything is game including accessories
and apparel as well as parts and service. Yes, you can go on line and buy from any VW dealer.
Many dealers have on-line stores. If you google drivergear or better put in the part number of
the item you want, jacket, shirt, hat or whatever you will see them.

My dealer did not have the "drivergear" I wanted, jacket and tee's, so I bought it from a VW
dealer who had an online presence. They used my VW card. Just give them the number. I did
not have enough remaining balance, so they put the balance on my visa.

The VW dealer was in California. Capitol VW in San Jose CA. The lady in charge of internet
sales, Micaela was great, super nice. She had to order a few of my items in my size. Oh
yes, the items I wanted were on sale and no sales tax... I found them by searching for the
jacket part number.

http://www.sanjosevw.com/drivergear.htm

Last edited:

camaro888

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Yes I used it mostly at local dealer for oil and filters, but anything is game including accessories
and apparel as well as parts and service. Yes, you can go on line and buy from any VW dealer.
Many dealers have on-line stores. If you google drivergear or better put in the part number of
the item you want, jacket, shirt, hat or whatever you will see them.

My dealer did not have the "drivergear" I wanted, jacket and tee's, so I bought it from a VW
dealer who had an online presence. They used my VW card. Just give them the number. I did
not have enough remaining balance, so they put the balance on my visa.

The VW dealer was in California. Capitol VW in San Jose CA. The lady in charge of internet
sales, Micaela was great, super nice. She had to order a few of my items in my size. Oh
yes, the items I wanted were on sale and no sales tax... I found them by searching for the
jacket part number.

http://www.sanjosevw.com/drivergear.htm
Awesome! Thank you much for the confirmation.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
How important is the name on the dealer cards? Would possibly be interested in trading an Audi one for a VW one.

Name shouldn't matter but it all depends on the guy running it for you when you make the purchase I would guess.

Place I used my 2 cards didn't care that the name on the cards was my first name but the VISA I used to make up the difference had my middle name and the invoice was written up with my middle name.

Namlehse

TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI
I found a local dealer that sells Thule stuff.. Was overpriced, but picked up a 2" receiver bike rack with a VW sticker lol. My wife took what was left and ordered drivegear from another dealer with an online store.

Last Mango

TDI
2012 TDI DSG Sportwagen - Navigation, Panoramic sunroof
We are selling back the TDI, and not replacing it with another VW. Need ideas on using up the $500 dealer card. I read somewhere aobut someone getting a yeti cooler. Another idea is a 4 place hitch insert bike rack. Suggestions on who accepts the dealer card, and has bigger ticket items I might want? Thanks, James