Recent content by PC Passat

1. P

German court considers first diesel driving ban on an autobahn

Remember that it was Tesla that converted the first Smart Car to electric for the germans. This led to Mercedes investing in Tesla early on and according to Musk "They saved Tesla from going under very early on". Tesla's at this point are probably not for the long haul salesmen or twenty-four...
  2. P

Trading in your VW TDI? What will be your next car

I took the bait and gave up my 2010 Jetta TDI for the money after driving VW diesels since 1980. Bought a 2017 Jetta GLI 6 speed. More power than TDI but just not as smooth. Did not like the way gas vehicles stink up the garage, the exhaust pipe was as black as an old cummins, and this was...
  3. P

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

My buy back was today Jan. 4. Smooth, 15 minutes, and $500 more than expected. Buy back guy turned his in already as well. Dealer handed me a $500 discount coupon when I told him that I was thinking about a GLI after the buy back was complete and we were talking. Guess the $1000 dollar...
  4. P

Where the buyback cars go

Area VW. Watch for the helicopters!
  5. P

Going to Mexico

Take off the headlights or taillights, put them in a box in the truck and it's good to go.
  6. P

Goodbye and many thanks!

For those continuing on with VW, a "TSI Club"?
  7. P

Buyback and getting a GTI, what are some of the deals you're getting?

I got a 2017 GLI 6mt with lifetime powertrain warrantee and some oil changes for 4,000 off MSRP. Seemed to drive closest the my 2010 6mt Jetta tdi. A little less power down low, but more power at the middle and up. Have to admit, it would probably run away from my my tdi but would burn more...
  8. P

What happens if your TDI is totaled?

Someone by me tee boned a car that ran a red light on their way to the buyback person one mile from the dealer. Buyback person called VW and they still took it back. Front end smashed in, bumper dragging on the ground, but it still ran.
  9. P

Car not registered, options?

My registration is up at the end of the month. I was planning parking it at the dealership on the last day of the month and just keep insurance till turn in day. Emissions test is required and by definition I shouldn't be allowed to pass that anyway. Right hand left hand situation.
  10. P

trade in tax issue in NJ

In Arizona if a car manufacturer buys back your vehicle because it can not be repaired, they are supposed to refund the sales tax as well. Doubt that it will happen though.
  11. P

Documents snail mailed

Just this morning. Documents under review.
  12. P

Documents snail mailed

Has anyone who mailed in their documents got past the 'waiting for your mail' stage? It's been three weeks or more for me and I'm still on waiting for mail stage. Thanks
  13. P

sales tax

Arizona Title 44-1263 states that if a manufacture accepts a non repairable car back without replacing the car with another one that the manufacture owes the person who bought that vehicle a refund of tax paid on that vehicle. It also sort of states that you only owe tax on the difference if...
  14. P

Sales Tax On Buy Back Transactions In Texas

I just did a little research on Arizona Law. I will first state that the law has the usual amount of legal wiggle words that would require an interpretation most likely. Title 44-1263 states that if a vehicle does not meet the express warranty 'emissions in this case' then the following...
  15. P

Dieselgate Investigator: Lawsuit overblown

Where Volkswagon really made their mistake was in not donating to the Clinton Foundation. Future models could have been made compliant and for the older models they could have said " what does it really matter now".