Recent content by DidJettarun

1. DidJettarun

For Sale 2 MK4 Golf GLS TDIs in Greenville, SC

OK replacement oil pan and gasket from Peter at ID parts in Mass is $39.95 Peter is one of the most trusted TDI parts suppliers in the country. He does charge tax and freight but if you add an oil, air or cabin filter you should get over the free shipping amount. Most of us use metal skid...
  2. DidJettarun

For Sale 2 MK4 Golf GLS TDIs in Greenville, SC

Do you want to keep these if repaired. The oil pan is very easy and reasonable fix...You buy the part and I will install them for you for free....that is how the TDI club rolls. Usual labor cost is buy me/us lunch at the bbq down the street. Also happy to go through it stem to stern to see...
  3. DidJettarun

Recent pick up 2006 vw tdi brm dsg problems

Listen at your drivers wheel as the sound is most pronounced there. I have changed out several and you will need a Bentley manual and great deal of patience. If you are a fair mechanic with a good tool box you should be able to do it with help...worst part is tipping and turning to get tranny...
  4. DidJettarun

MK5 broken wire in door

did you add length to all of the wires? This harness was short of specification and VW created a TSB on this problem.
  5. DidJettarun

Odd BRM Behaviour 2006

I know this sounds silly but have you changed the fuel filter lately? Dirty filter will not allow good fuel flow at higher power and give you the sensation of "limp" mode. White smoke at start certainly suggests under fueling. I realize this is a longshot given the #4 injector data. I agree...
  6. DidJettarun

2006 Jetta will not start, lift pump will not run.

Take your ecu and fedex to Rocketchip. He will reflash and tune and ship back to you. I would also check for consistent voltage to the lift pump as it might just be a bad pump. Some of the other issues might be solved by pulling back the rubber boot near the driver's door hinge and looking...
  7. DidJettarun

Timing belt replacement schedule advice

Sadly, the people who make the belts are not aware of the well documented cam/lifter failure rate that plague the BRM engine. I would pull off the valve cover and do a cam inspection NOW. It is very easy to do and you can find lots of pictures and discussions of this procedure. If you find...
  8. DidJettarun

DSG Fluid Leak

You are quite right but my dealer assured me that it never needed to be serviced and I only went to dealer until warranty ran out. I did correct the service manager of the proper service cycle and received a free service....at 90K. Each 10K I took it to the dealer and requested"do the x...
  9. DidJettarun

DSG Fluid Leak

We called some gurus and learned that vw had a run of slightly mis-dimensioned o-rings. We did a complete dsg service and cleaned all of the oil off the motor and subframe and will drive a little and inspect until I am confident that no other issue needs attention....then I will do what was...
  10. DidJettarun

DSG Fluid Leak

250k serviced 3 times including when I replaced the dmf...no other trouble and no driving symptoms just found a leak at last oil change
  11. DidJettarun

DSG Fluid Leak

Here is pooling adjacent to the filter housing. [/url][/IMG]
  12. DidJettarun

DSG Fluid Leak

Tracing a dsg fluid leak found this: [/url][/IMG] The filter is completely crushed but the filter housing and o-ring are in good condition?
  13. dsg_fluid_pool

dsg_fluid_pool

14. dsg_filter

dsg_filter

15. DidJettarun

Transmission Installation

Take off the half shafts at the diff will go in much easier