Recent content by Brian.Burress

1. Brian.Burress

I no longer belong at TDIClub, but I will definitely be back...

Definitely got a diesel. Can't beat the mileage, especially when loaded. I will definitely be back, it's just a matter of when. You can't beat the TDI for FE. I'm seriously considering a 99.5-03, but if an 04-05 comes about with a manual transmission I wouldn't necessarily pass on it. On...
  2. Brian.Burress

I've actually thought about going with a 99.5-03 just for the fact of the much better fuel economy of the VE motor. In fact, I recommended them to everyone that asked me about my 04 if all they were after was economy. -Brian
  3. Brian.Burress

Well, I hate to let the TDI go, but my wife and I needed a bigger vehicle to haul our 2 kids and 3 dogs around on our somewhat frequent road trips to Indiana. I traded in the 04 VW on an 03 Dodge Ram 3500 with the 5.9 Cummins and a 6-speed manual transmission. I sure miss the mileage of the...
  4. Brian.Burress

'07 Chevy Silverado vs. '04 VW Jetta GLS TDI

Just a note to everyone, if your vehicle is in an accident and you have children's carseats in it, you have to replace the carseats. If the accident is not your fault, the other person's insurance should reimburse you for them. This can be checked both here and here. Hope this helps anyone...
  5. Brian.Burress

Tarbe: Thank you for your support. It seems to be taking quite a while to get everything settled, but slowly and surely it is. Hopefully it's all done before I have to go back to Iraq. -Brian
  6. Brian.Burress

Bob: Yes, USAA. They are an excellent insurance company. Both homeowner's and auto. I had great service with renter's also. -Brian
  7. Brian.Burress

What did you do to your car today?

Funny thing... I thought it was too, but I think it's the reflection. I measured it after I took the pic. Spot on. :) -Brian
  8. Brian.Burress

Thanks for the welcome home. It's great to be home. Unfortunately it's only for about another week, then it's back to Iraq. On the good side, my tour is almost over there, so I should just be finishing up and then coming right back home. I agree with the shimming. The body lines are...
  9. Brian.Burress

Today These I did today. Left side: Right side: It stands out just that little bit more.:) -Brian
  10. Brian.Burress

Not today I had these put on while the car was in the body shop. Click here for the full story. It has quite a few pictures. Including what the body shop calls as "done". Needless to say, it's going back to get fixed the right way. Bora Badge: Close up: TDI Badge: Close up: Hope you...
  11. Brian.Burress

Here's some pictures of the "repairs" Excuse the dirty garage. I've been in Iraq the last 10 months and haven't had a chance to clean it yet. But here you go... I'm not too happy with the way it turned out, but here are some pictures to show you the after results. Gap between trunk and...
  12. Brian.Burress

It's a little late, but here are some pics of the wreck... Rear of car with trunk closed: Rear of car with trunk opened: Right taillight assembly: Left side of bumper cover: Bumper, absorber, and rear panel:
  13. Brian.Burress

Airbag light on now...

Sorry. I should have been more specific. The car is in Texas right now. It hasn't been in Indiana for over 10 months. It's been about 30ish the past couple days, but that's the coldest it's been. -Brian
  14. Brian.Burress

Airbag light on now...

About 3 weeks ago my car was in an accident. It got rear-ended. I picked it up from the body shop, but now my Airbag light is on. Anyone have any insight into this? The airbag light was NOT on after the accident, and not before it went to the body shop. What could have changed? Anyone...
  15. Brian.Burress

KermaTDI Charlie Customer Service?

Awesome news Paul. Stay strong and keep fighting. I wish you the best of luck. -Brian