WTB: Q5 tdi, greater Seattle area

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
Wife is looking at Q5 tdi, hoping to get one that’s been properly serviced and such. Willing to travel as far as Portland south, or Spokane west from the greater Seattle area.
Also if anyone has good or bad experiences with businesses that they purchased from, and thoughts on the q5. We are well experienced tdi owners.

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Good luck with finding a good Q5 TDI. We love ours.

Look for a Premium Plus with Tech as a minimum trim level. B&O stereo upgrade is nice. Get the factory towing package if you plan on doing towing. Got ours (2015 Q5 Prem+ with towing and Tech pkg) from the Ford dealership in Snohomish (WOULD NOT recommend) with 52K miles and all service done at Bellevue Audi. Market price. When looking at service, make sure that the trans and dif fluids have been changed at 50-70K miles. Audi says "life-time", ZF says every 50-70K miles. Check for noisy timing change during cold start-up. Most have a little but this should go away when the temp gets to normal range. Sunroof rattle, brakes and oil leaks are also areas to look at. FYI, the one at Eastlake has been there for months.

Don't be afraid to travel a bit to get the right one. The drive home will be good as these are very good highway cars.

Dunerking1

TDI
13’ Cayenne Diesel,11’ Audi A3 TDI,04 Jetta TDI
Not sure if it’s an option but my wife was considering selling her 13’ Cayenne diesel. We’re in So.Cal but that can be a smooth flight to LAX or Burbank. The Cayenne will provide a very nice road trip back up to home. If interested DM me. Thanks…Josh

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We picked up a Q5 tdi with premium plus, tech package, and B&O stereo. Private party. All services done at Audi, and 72k. Did a fair amount of VAG-com adjustments the other night. Fogs on with high beams, tail lights on with DRL, and trying to get the ADS on the MMI.

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Great find. You will enjoy the new ride.

Adding the Fogs for Cornering Lights and courtesy windows are the other adaptions that we have found useful. I also added the white/yellow fog light bulbs. Yellow works great in the snow/fog and white in the country.

Have you picked a shop yet to do the service?

Jbwoo

TDI
15 GSW 06 Jetta BRM
I don’t have a shop picked out for warranty work, I do all my own work otherwise. I figure that I can screw it up several times if I’ve never done the repair before, and still be ahead. I have a lift, and if I need tools I will buy them.

Dunerking1

TDI
13’ Cayenne Diesel,11’ Audi A3 TDI,04 Jetta TDI
Only thing that has been difficult for me on the Cayenne is someone with the software to disable the electronic parking brake so I can do the rear brakes. Otherwise all of the other standard stuff is simple.