WTB: 87' 88'or89' MBenz 190D or TD

2RENU

TDI
2011 Sportwagen
WTB: 87\' 88\'or89\' MBenz 190D or TD

I am in Vermont but am willing to Travel i know the turbos are very rare in this lame country but i really want to find one in good condition. I really want a greenone with tan or dark tan interior but will settle for any color really as long as she is in good condition and does not have that horrid blue or red vinal interior.

any info or leads are much appreciated. thanks.

P.S. has anyone ever driven one of these either turbo or non turbo. I want one bad and have not even ever driven one. how does the nonturbo do for pickup? Thanks.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Re: WTB: 87\' 88\'or89\' MBenz 190D or TD

I have a 1980 300SD, which is a 5 cylinder turbo diesel, if you're interested in something a little bigger.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW

I drove a new 190D when I was car shopping in 1986. I'd owned a Rabbit Diesel before that (not immediately, however) and didn't buy the Mercedes because I thought it was really slow and kind of loud. This was a non-turbo. The gearing was pretty short and it (like all Mercedes of that era) started out in 2nd and downshifted to first if you had it floored. I don't think a stick was available.

I ended up getting a Peugeot 505 TD, which was bigger, nicer inside, and much faster (but not fast). I had it for seven happy years and 130K.

I think the Mercedes is a lot like an older Jetta TD in size and performance. But I like them too, still do.

You should try to find a 2.5 Turbo, IMHO.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW

I have a 1980 300SD, which is a 5 cylinder turbo diesel, if you're interested in something a little bigger.
Do you want to sell this car? I might be interested.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.

Do you want to sell this car? I might be interested.
Yes, check this thread from earlier in the summer. Mileage is ~175k now. Speedo/odo were repaired and recalibrated by Overseas Speedometer. I don't know if the link to the pics still works, but I can post more tomorrow.

PM sent.

2RENU

TDI
2011 Sportwagen

Cool Thanks Buddy.

nice resource. but your right they probably want a fortune.

i am getting picky and want a certain color match i guess i dont really have room to be picky seeing as they only imported 190TD's in 87' crazy.

thanks again