Worst dealer markup on a JSW TDI?

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
I nominate Springfield VW in Virginia for the worst markup on a Jetta Sportwagen TDI - $3995 on top of MSRP :eek::eek::eek: And that is for a stripped down model too - automatic, no sunroof, no electric seats, no nav. MSRP was between 24-25K.

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
owr084 said:
I nominate Springfield VW in Virginia for the worst markup on a Jetta Sportwagen TDI - $3995 on top of MSRP :eek::eek::eek: And that is for a stripped down model too - automatic, no sunroof, no electric seats, no nav. MSRP was between 24-25K.
Pshaw. They're not even trying. $5,000 at University VW in Albuquerque, of which they have had, and sold, a grand total of one.

One dealer in Washington State is asking $8,000 over MSRP, according to a poster here.

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
Interesting. Here is what I got from them:

Special Sales Announcement !!!!

2009 Jetta TDIs will no longer have additional markups - a great variety to pick from - both sedans and wagons.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
maloosheck said:
Interesting. Here is what I got from them:Quote:
Special Sales Announcement !!!!

2009 Jetta TDIs will no longer have additional markups - a great variety to pick from - both sedans and wagons.
Notice the weasel wording in the message. To "no longer have additional markups" implies that it has already been marked up... ;)

Last edited:

Kier

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Limited Diesel Edition, DSG, Reflex Silver/Anthracite
09 TDI Markup

I saw an 09 TDI Sedan at Ourisman VW in Laurel MD with a base of approx $24K. The markups included "Paint Protection", "Rust Protection", Extended Warrenty, and ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) totalling $29K. And I thought no one wanted diesels due the price of fuel. I joked with the salesman and offered him $1000 under MSRP.

buckeye96

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta ?
owr084 said:
But they also have one of the worst service departments around.............

Rod Bearing

Veteran Member
TDI
Several
The dealership in Albq, NM mentioned above quoted me MSRP "and not a penny more" over the phone. Maybe they're just selective in their pricing.:rolleyes:

Or maybe somebody with an axe to grind on VW embellishes the truth.

redbrick1

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI
Rod Bearing said:
The dealership in Albq, NM mentioned above quoted me MSRP "and not a penny more" over the phone. Maybe they're just selective in their pricing.:rolleyes:

Or maybe somebody with an axe to grind on VW embellishes the truth.
According to Jvance, those cars have been sitting on their lots for weeks.
The dealer probably wants to clear out the inventory.

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
redbrick1 said:
According to Jvance, those cars have been sitting on their lots for weeks.
The dealer probably wants to clear out the inventory.
Rod Bearing's still stalking me? What a creepy guy.

Yeah, two of their cars have been on the lot for a month. The last one they sold last week was on the lot since 8/18. So far they've sold their demo, one sedan from their initial allotment, and one JSW. Looks like VW cut their allotment because they're not meeting their sales goals - they have only one new sedan on the lot, which they've priced lower.

http://www.newmexicovw.com/VehicleS...Exterior=&colorInterior=&fuelType=&cylinders=

I'd say call them up and offer them $500 over invoice. They might take it in order to get their allotment back.

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
But before you call University VW in Albuquerque, call Hoy Fox in El Paso. They've been dealing at MSRP from the beginning. Unfortunately they don't have any TDIs right now, but check with them and see if anything's coming down the pike. Ask for Mario Macias.