Within 3 hours of Cincinnati, Oh? Interested in having a winter meet up/tune up?

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Golf 4-door, 2005 Passat Wagon
EDIT: Dont let the title fool you, feel free to reply even if you're more than 3 hours away from Cincinnati...if you are interested of course lol

I know I'm a newb to the forum, but wanted to see if there may be interest in getting some folks together for a winter meet up/ tune up...in a heated garage of course :) I figured if we could get enough folks interested then we could possibly get a good chip tuner injector/nozzle installer/ reg. maintenance guy(to much? lol) involved at a discount rate. I like seeing/doing/learning so if we had cards, darts, food, drink, the awesomest cars in the world, and all the necessary tools then we could keep ourselves entertained for much longer than we probably ought to.

Won't hurt my feelings if there isn't any interest! I haven't talked to any of the resident tuners/installers/etc that do this on the side yet, but i figure if we're willing to pay, then we could probably get someone to come out :) If not then perhaps we can have a homegrown nozzle install party/maintenance gtg and ecu tune later (or just ship'em out).
Just reply if there is interest and we'll go from there. As far as garage space...we have several options if this gets serious enough...all 30 min to an hour north of cincy unless someone that replies has the 'perfect' set up within an hour or two of cincy.

Sorry for the ambiguity lol...i have no clue whether there is interest in anything, so I didn't really know what direction to go!

Cory R

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Also send notice to the www.cincitdi.com and join cinci-tdi yahoo group. Yes, there is interest in having a GTG in the area.

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
Cory, thanks for the idea (and location?), I can help coordinate with the CinciTDI group, drop me an email huntertj at gmail.com, perhaps we can set a theme.

We were just talking about needing a GTG on our mailing list MoGolf mentioned a few weeks ago. If we can get MoGolf/Growler to come down or paramedick to come up for it I know everyone will learn something useful.

I think a few locals might still need help with door switches, although its an easy task its still intimidating at first glance.

also curious where are you 30 mins north of Cincy? I am in Liberty Twp

curtains21

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 jetta tdi 5 speed manual
I would be willing to go to a g2g. Haven't been to one yet and I've been a member for a few years now. Nothing major needs to be done on my car but it would be fun just to meet up with some tdi'ers on here.

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh-oh, getting serious now...we've got rep from Chi-town :) We'll keep this thread alive as long as we keep getting interested folks! To be honest, I am hoping for sometime in February which would give us plenty of lead time. If weather starts turning bad we may have to push it back to early spring. Regardless we can at least get some hometown tdi'ers together...
Still in the prelim stages, but will keep moving towards trying for Feb...keep an eye open for a poll of possible dates!

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
I have yet to go to a GTG, Cinci is close enough. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

twentyeight

Veteran Member
TDI
1Z & ALH
If Cincy's in between Grand Rapids, MI and Phoenix, AZ (it's not, but what difference does that make?) I'm in! We'll be making the trek sometime late January/Early Feb, so that might work well...

I'd really like a to get a RocketChip, though, and it's not that far out of the way :)

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
Almost there...

I think we've got enough interest to give it a go...will be back this week with possible dates and locations...stay tuned!!

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a positive response from a friend who's father shut up shop on their used car lot with a nice heated garage on the property. I'm going to check it out this week. As far as dates...I'm thinking any of the following Saturdays...either Jan 30th or feb 13th. Subscribe and stay tuned!

Last edited:

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
For your planning purposes, the location is in mason, oh. About 10 minutes from I-75 and I-71.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
right where TDIFest 2008 Was awesome.

Let us know when & where, Ill try to be there.

rexhart

I have a couple of things bugging me about my Jetta, an overrboost CEL, timing belt and a door replacement, So I'd be interested.

Last edited:

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
Still looking for a garage...the garage i referenced earlier is stuffed full of crap while the main building gets remodeled...he said we could potentially get one car in there :(
We've got interest...just need a location...any of you guys have ideas?
edit: PM me if you have space and want to tag team getting something together!

Last edited:

FlyTDI04

TDI
04 Jetta
i'm from NW Ohio and would prolly make the drive i'm new and would love to find out more about TDIs

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Others: 82 MB 300D Turbodiesel & 2010 BMW X5 35D
reynolcj said:
Still looking for a garage...the garage i referenced earlier is stuffed full of crap while the main building gets remodeled...he said we could potentially get one car in there :(
We've got interest...just need a location...any of you guys have ideas?
edit: PM me if you have space and want to tag team getting something together!
Would have offered my garage as in the past, but I've proceed to stuff a few more things (besides MGB and airplane project) in it and could barely get my daughter's TDI in to do a little maintenance over Christmas (still need to do her rear brakes). I need a new TDI as an incentive to clear the garage out!

That said, I'm game for a GTG when a garage is found. (Didn't the CinciTDI group list have someone willing to host late in 2009?)

OhioCoalRoller

TDI
2000 Golf gls tdi
i have an overboost code as well, id love to get this troubleshooted with fellow tdi members, find the place and give me the time man!

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
CoJoNEs put out an email to the Cincinnati tdi guys to see if any one was up for hosting...Stay tuned!

captsomer

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I'm here in Cincy and I'm up for a meet up. I've never been to a meet up but I'm interested in meeting everyone and learning from those that have been elbow deep in TDI grease and oil. The UPS man just brought me my Vag-Com and my new manual. I'd love to learn more about the Vag-Com.

Later in Feb works for me. I'll bring the Vag-Com and beer!

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
Stay tuned! Two possible locations..more details once we get into next and I can touch base with the owners. Date will be mid to late feb for planning purposes.

smck

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf man, 2003 golf man
Would love to get in on that. Have my Vag Com ready but my laptop toasted last week. Will try to get replacement soon.

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
Still in the works. Probably shoot for a Saturday, either FEB 20, 27, or March 6, 13. Looks like our best bet for a location thus far is on the East side of cincy. As soon as we have something firm enough to put into motion, i will let you fellas know asap.

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
Can we get some feedback for feb 20th? If majority rules, that's what we are going with. Location will be dubwerks in fairfax (east side of cincy). Sounds like a great location that will work well for us. Will release details as we get them. Looking forward to it!!! If for some reason feb 20th doesn't work, we willgo with a date in march. For sake of ease, clear your schedules and make feb 20th work!! :)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Ill Be there.

Added to my calendar.

Just need an address for mapping

See everyone there!

Aaron