Wiring Schematic & Bentley

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
I know this is a real PITA but can someone please look up the terminal to wiring color code for the MAP sensor on an 01 Golf TDI. My digital Bentley is refusing to get activated on a new computer and I spent about 2 hours on the phone with Bentley today to no avail. I really need this information.

The MAP sensor harness has four color coded wires:
Yellow w/Black
Grey w/Green
Brown w/Blue
Purple w/Red

The MAP sensor has the terminals labled 1 thru 4. I need to know which color goes to which terminal number (long story). Time spent doing something that helps no one but me and a customer is greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can return the favor sometime.

Thanks,
TW

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
My bentleys says the following -

(1) - bn/bl brown blue
(2) gr/gn grey green
(3) li/ro lilac red
(4) ge/sw yellow black.

I assume the initial initials are short for the german (swartz is the one I remember).
hth

These are to the air temp sensor and MAP - I assume both are in the same plug.

Last edited:

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I actually managed to bumble around and get my Bentley registered on this computer and the information you have provided exactly matches what it says.

I hard wired in the MAP sensor and the car now runs beautiful, until it goes into limp mode. VagScope shows that the actual MAP reading is tracking good but the requested is sitting at 0. So now I just have to figure out what that's all about. The car runs great until high revs where it hits limp mode with a negative boost pressure CEL. Not sure why it says negative since I am getting boost and it shows, but the requested is sitting on 0. Group 010 in VagScope, the Red is tracking the boost, white is tracking the throttle position and green, which should be requested, is sitting on 0. At least the car runs great until it hits limp mode. That is much more than it was doing without a MAP sensor in place. That's a long story why the MAP sensor was missing and it goes along with the story about how the Intercooler was missing also.

Thanks,
TW