Wiring Diagram help getting Wipers to work AT ALL?

Epiphanyseeker

TDI
2003 Jetta
I read the forums. (might have missed one)
I got the Haynes (lots of wiring diagrams, but NOT THE WIPERS??
I downloaded what was claimed to be a Bently PDF ... lots of wires ... NO WIPERS wiring???

Ahhhh-mazing ...

So: ya: NOTHING. Fuse is good. And ZERO response from wipers when I do anything to the stalk switches.
No warning, worked fine, then didn't.

Fuse if FINE.
I got THREE relay 377 s ...

WHAT else could it be?

Is there another module somewhere?

But, alas, I cannot find any wiring diagrams! So far.

Do any of y'all have a wiring diagram for windshield Wipers system for 2003 VW Jetta TDI ??

I can drive fine thru the RainX ... but now we're getting into Inspection season and the police are getting itchy as well as DUST season where the RainX no longer works so well!

THANKS!

tgray

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Beetle, '05 Golf, 2000 Jetta, 2001 Jetta, 2002 Jetta
I have had this happen a few times with a bad wiper motor. It is not too hard to pull out and check the wires at the motor to see if there is power at that point. If there is power then it is either a bad ground or the motor is toast. Try pulling the cowl and smacking (the motor while turned on) it with a hammer. If it starts working the brushes are sticking and the motor will fail again soon. Before you think about bad wires or worrying about a diagram, just look at the end points. Relay, switch or plug but usually it is the motor or connectors out in the weather that are the first place for trouble.