Window Deflectors - how's the fit?

SilkBlueTDI

TDI
2015 GSW
VW got them for $180 and WeatherTech got them for $99 and both in-channel. Wondering if anyone installed one and can comment on the fit, wind noise, and Windows up/down operations. Thank you.

Mr.TDI

TDI
15 GSW
I got the vw ones and they fit well. I feel better using in channel ones and have no issues with the window going up and down. I did notice a little bit of of wind noise but it wasn't horrible or a deal breaker

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

InfoSec Guy

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I have the WeatherTechs, and they're great. They block the sun at just the right point for me, and the wind noise is minimal. Window Operations is normal after the first few tries.

GrndZero

TDI
2015 GSW-SE6spd
I have Weathertechs on mine. Initially the passenger side has a thunking sound when trying to close since the thickness but it went away after a couple days. When I first got them I initially thought one was warped until I saw it was on both. There is a weird curve them near the bottom next to the rear view mirror. I have chocked it up to combating wind noise, kind of shows some R&D went into them. I love them.
I got them mostly since I Vape and like windows cracked and the MK7 has a weird spot that when it is wet outside and the window is cracked water literally drips right down to the window switches.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
I have Weathertechs on mine. Initially the passenger side has a thunking sound when trying to close since the thickness but it went away after a couple days. When I first got them I initially thought one was warped until I saw it was on both. There is a weird curve them near the bottom next to the rear view mirror. I have chocked it up to combating wind noise, kind of shows some R&D went into them. I love them.
I got them mostly since I Vape and like windows cracked and the MK7 has a weird spot that when it is wet outside and the window is cracked water literally drips right down to the window switches.
Fold your mirrors in. You'll see that the visors will not interfere with the full folding of the mirrors..

C C

TDI
GSW
. . . the MK7 has a weird spot that when it is wet outside and the window is cracked water literally drips right down to the window switches.
Every vehicle I have driven with power window switches on the door does that. Full spectrum of manufacturers and from economy to luxury models. It seriously irks me, a 60 year trend of design and placement for self destruction.

jpulls11

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDi
VW got them for $180 and WeatherTech got them for $99 and both in-channel. Wondering if anyone installed one and can comment on the fit, wind noise, and Windows up/down operations. Thank you.
Got a full set for $160 with my dealer card from VW. Same fit as the weather techs I had on my last car. Got the VW ones just because i had the card.

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Haven't tried the OEM vw, but the weathertechs are made in Germany and always have been top notch.

jpulls11

TDI
Haven't tried the OEM vw, but the weathertechs are made in Germany and always have been top notch.
I may be wrong, but I want to say they are made in america now. So its possible the german plant manufactures them for VW now. The most recent commericals Ive seen say made in america. Either way they fit just the same as weathertech

Nu2TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta
Every vehicle I have driven with power window switches on the door does that. Full spectrum of manufacturers and from economy to luxury models. It seriously irks me, a 60 year trend of design and placement for self destruction.
MK4's from my experience don't, but I got very irritated when my GSW showed it's tendency. Deflectors ordered!

GrndZero

TDI
2015 GSW-SE6spd
Got a full set for $160 with my dealer card from VW. Same fit as the weather techs I had on my last car. Got the VW ones just because i had the card.
They are making rear door deflectors now? I haven't checked since I got my front doors in. Feel a little funny driving with only the fronts but no one was making rear door inserts for awhile.

jpulls11

TDI
They are making rear door deflectors now? I haven't checked since I got my front doors in. Feel a little funny driving with only the fronts but no one was making rear door inserts for awhile.

I have a 2012, but I do have all 4. I don't really use my rear windows often, but I got all 4 so it looked normal.

GrndZero

TDI
2015 GSW-SE6spd
I have a 2012, but I do have all 4. I don't really use my rear windows often, but I got all 4 so it looked normal.
Ah ok, makes sense. The GSW rear windows are a different shape than the standard golf so us GSW drivers can't get rear window vents yet. Hell, a lot of shops still list 2015 as a Jetta.

jpulls11

TDI
Ah ok, makes sense. The GSW rear windows are a different shape than the standard golf so us GSW drivers can't get rear window vents yet. Hell, a lot of shops still list 2015 as a Jetta.
I have run into a few places that list my JSW as a regular mk6 jetta.