Will this part fit my DSG

backfast61

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI automatic,2006 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
You are definitely at the correct website.. enter in your cars info and you will get the correct parts. The dsg automatic transmission with the dual mass flywheel works like a clutch... There is no clutch to search for since your car is an automatic... Hope this helps. Find a reputable shop - one that knows Volkswagen-for installation.. hope this helps

moonshyne0986

TDI
2006 jetta 1.9 BMR TDI DSG
I'm sorry but the DSG is not a true automatic. It is a Direct Shift Gearbox that is shifted by the computer controlled Mechatronic unit. Thus the DSG. The dual mass just softens the shifts and it does have 2 wet clutches in a single drum. Each clutch runs one of the 2 gear shafts. One shaft has 1,3, and 5 while the other has 2,4, and 6 on it. One shaft is shifts while the other is driving the car and when it needs the next gear it simply releases 1 clutch and engages the other. Now Tyler just hope that your dash don't go to flashing where the PRD123456 gear indicator is. If this happens you need a new Mechatronic unit. Pain to install and they don't give them away cheap but that how I got my 06 for 1200 at auction with 110k on it. Listen once you pull that trans VW makes a dual clutch kit with everything you'll need to install new clutches. A lot of the time when our dual mass flywheels go out they wobble and damage the clutch drum in the front of the DSG. If you have to pull it twice well. I did both at the same time.
VW calls it the (Torque Converter) part #02e398029c (Audi's higher torque setup for the DSG). Now if you just really want the VW version of that just use #02e398029b. Oh by the way your Mechatronic unit if it should ever go out Part #02e325025atz5w and yes that is the flywheel you need.

Tylerj69

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
Thank you moonshyne that is very helpful and thank you aswell backfast it means a lot it is very helpful I bought that dual mass flywheel and sent my car to the dealership (couldn’t find a mechanic that I trust or would work on vw in my area) the dealership mechanic said he will pull the clutches and see if they need replaced while he has it out

backfast61

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI automatic,2006 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
When I bought my mechatronics from my dealership here in Richmond,VA, it was ordered by my VIN NUMBER and they matched the price of Jim Ellis VW that saved me a whole lot $$$. It came with the correct software as well.... I installed the mechatronics after I had already installed the transmission .. 2006 is really pretty simple... hopefully you won't need one....

neuromangler

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
When I bought my mechatronics from my dealership here in Richmond,VA, it was ordered by my VIN NUMBER and they matched the price of Jim Ellis VW that saved me a whole lot $$$. It came with the correct software as well.... I installed the mechatronics after I had already installed the transmission .. 2006 is really pretty simple... hopefully you won't need one....
Hi
I have a 2006 Jetta tdi with dsg and it P1604 code...no reverse and forward only second gear with no upshifts. I am considering to replace the mechatronics unit and ECS tuning says the unit "with software" automatically adapts to my car when I install it. Is that the experience you had when you replaced your mechatronics ? Thanks

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You need to go through all the adaptations if you replace the M-unit.

Ross-tech's wiki page has all that info.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
........................VW calls it the (Torque Converter) part #02e398029c (Audi's higher torque setup for the DSG). Now if you just really want the VW version of that just use #02e398029b. Oh by the way your Mechatronic unit if it should ever go out Part #02e325025atz5w and yes that is the flywheel you need.
I have been looking for the answer to this^^^.
The "C" suffix is a tougher version of the clutch pack, yes? Will it adapt the same way with the original mech unit?
This is for a 2011 Jetta with MSV DSG.
Kinda blows my mind because the "C" is about half the price of the "B" version ...even at the on line VW dealers.
Am I missing something here?

moonshyne0986

TDI
2006 jetta 1.9 BMR TDI DSG
Version (C) is Audi's version of the clutch pack and I just had it installed in my 06 Jetta with a DSG. I don't know what the torque spec is for the Audi vertion though. Maybe someone else does here. Now if it fits a 2011 I don't know but now if your dealer told you the part number for your 2011 is # 02e398029B then yes the # 02e398029C is a direct replacement. The shop that put mine in was light footed on programing the trans because now it shifts much to quick. I plan on reprograming it tomorrow evening for my heavier foot. The C version is the complete kit other than oil and filter you won't need anything else on the trans side. If your dual mass is getting on the old side as cheap as they are that would be the time to replace it as well. The dealer I gave my vin to to get my part number couldn't even lookup the C version but could order it. There are after market kits for up to 700lbs of torque that I've seen but the cost is why I went with the Audi version C. Unless they are using another type engine IE. V6 or V8 I don't see getting 700LBS of torque out of our 4 bangers.

oilhammer

TDI
There is no "Audi version", the C suffix is just the later version used in all the 02Es depending on transmission code. The A suffix supercedes to the B.

Looking at ETKA it looks like the C version is used behind the gas engines and the B is used with the diesels. Volkswagen or Audi, makes no difference.

The C version was in use as early as 2011 in the Eos.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
There is no "Audi version", the C suffix is just the later version used in all the 02Es depending on transmission code. The A suffix supercedes to the B.

Looking at ETKA it looks like the C version is used behind the gas engines and the B is used with the diesels. Volkswagen or Audi, makes no difference.

The C version was in use as early as 2011 in the Eos.
Thanks for that. I did happen to see that the C was applied to the 2015 Golf TDI on one dealer site. I don't have a lot of confidence in the info on those dealer sites. Their application info and diagrams are crap.

oilhammer

TDI
And unfortunately my bootleg ETKA copy stopped at 2017, and I can no longer update it. I cannot even move it to a different PC. It is currently its own standalone unit under my workstation that I use JUST for ETKA, with a splitter for the monitor, keyboard, and mouse to my main machine.

But for the most part it is good. Sometimes I will give them a number that has been superceded to something newer.