Will this Battery Fit?

Jeff_Duncan

Veteran Member
I renamed the title from my previous post since it may have been misleading. Hoping to get an opinion here ....

After reading dozens of threads on batteries, and following broken links, I ordered the interstate MTP-H7 for our 2002 Jetta. After ordering it I see two things that concern me while continuing my readings here.

Interstate makes a MTP-91, which is recommended here as well. How is it different from the H7 I just ordered.

I need reverse posts. Does the H7 have this?

I was under the impression that the H7 will be a direct drop in replacement for the 02 Jetta.

Hope I didn't make a mistake here with the H7.

Maybe we need a battery sticky?

Jeff

concours

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.6 Jetta GLS 5 speed 125,000 miles, 2001.5 Jetta GLS 5-speed, Tornado Red, Monsoon w/CD changer
Jeff_Duncan said:
I renamed the title from my previous post since it may have been misleading. Hoping to get an opinion here ....

After reading dozens of threads on batteries, and following broken links, I ordered the interstate MTP-H7 for our 2002 Jetta. After ordering it I see two things that concern me while continuing my readings here.

Interstate makes a MTP-91, which is recommended here as well. How is it different from the H7 I just ordered.

I need reverse posts. Does the H7 have this?

I was under the impression that the H7 will be a direct drop in replacement for the 02 Jetta
Hope I didn't make a mistake here with the H7.

Maybe we need a battery sticky?

Jeff

You're right on the money... the Interstate chart shows you that the "H7" is really a group Size 94R, which is what the car takes. Exact fit. Congratulations, you got the right one.

Here is the link....

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/content/product_info/auto_megatron_plus_f.asp?js=1