will PD injectors fit in my non PD engine?

TDI
Seat Leon TDi SE
First off Hello, Im new to the forum but have been trying to find out as much info as I can though searching and reading what other people have done.

I just wanted a second opinion on weither or not PD injectors will work in a non PD engine?

I am planning a big turbo conversion within the next 12 months and spoke to someone who said i could fit a PD160 turbo and injectors from a Seat Ibiza in my Seat Leon. My car is 2003 110hp standard, remapped to around 140hp with a drilled and smoothed airbox, custom CAI and a mufflerectomy (decat to follow). After trying to do the "evry mod", in vain it turned out, I'm just after some guidance as what to do next? If anyone has any suggestions I'm happy to hear them. here is a link to a thread about my car.

Also Ive been told that injectors from a T4 van would work aswell but im unsure of what ones to use?

Im sorry if this has all been asked before but I'm quite confused as what to do go for.

Id appreciate any help or points in the right direction.

Thanks Rob

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
PD and VE injectors really aren't interchangeable in any way. The .216 injectors from a T4 are a good upgrade, but you alread should have .205's as you have a 110hp engine. So, they're not exactly a huge bump. Are you just looking for fueling to match up with the PD160 turbo?

TDI
Seat Leon TDi SE
well yeah I am really. I didnt think the PD injectors would work! This was a reputable tuning place that told me that?!

I'm just after more power in general, I want the most cost effective way of reaching 200bhp, or as close as possible by next year if that makes sense?

I dont want to spend x amount on a turbo/injectors when if I just spent a little more I could of got more power if you get me?

I was thinking of trying to source a cheap PD150 and having it hybrid'd, but that place told me not to bother and to just use a PD160 turbo as it was, with the PD injectors and i should reach around 190+bhp with a decent remap and intercooler upgrade but it didnt make sense to use PD injectors as they deliver the fuel in a different way to the non PD's?

I forgot to mention that the engine code is ASV, but I think its the same as VW Golf engine code ALH, if thats any help?

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
pd150/160 turbo's are the same :)

TDI
Seat Leon TDi SE
well thats quite interesting then. "they" told me it would be more cost-effective to specifically use a PD160 turbo and injectors from an ibiza.

Thought it was wierd. Thanks for clearing that up guys.

I think I will be doing my origional plan of getting a PD150 turbo hybrid'd, but I am open to suggestions on both turbo upgrades and injectors?

Also was i right that the seat engine code for my car "ASV" is the same as the VW "ALH"?

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
ASV is a 110 TDI, i have the same in my ibiza TDi sport! If you have the same (i.e. a Mk3 ibiza) the PD150 turbo wont fit at all, the engine mount gets in the way, if you have a Mk4 ignore me!

If i get any larger injectors for mine i'd go direct to Race 520's to keep it future proof. A proper tune by someone who actually looks at the vag-com logs you make will make it smoke free!

I'll reply to your PM tomorrow, really need sleep, lol

pobmk4

TDI
Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Yeah it does chris because it will sit too close to the engine!!

Depending on your budget and power that your looking for - you might find you need slighlty more to run a reliable 200bhp. Your ASV engine is the euro3 equivalent. VW also used this engine from '02 on (i think!!) previous to this was the AHF (euro2) which i have in mine!

If i were you i'd go for the hybrid 150 unit and a set of R520's, but take it to someone who knows what they are doing regards software as you can get little or no smoke with the right map!!