who makes a steel bio diesel processor?

vwtdi09

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2002 Midnight Blue SOLD. VW Passat 2005 green, VW Golf 2010 TDi
I was looking to buy a premade steel bio diesel processor thats ready to go. Does anyone do this?
Lars.

Murphy2000

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, there are several models available but they are all pretty darn expensive.

Dynadroit makes a quality processor.. expensive but good.
AGR Energy also makes a quality processor.. You can check it out on my website www.murphysmachines.com but I"m not a dealer for them and only list it on my site as a favor. www.UtahBioDieselSupply.com is a dealer if anyone is interested.

BioKing also sells an all steel processor. they are from the U.K and are also expensive.

Here's the thing...
Manufactured steel processors are almost always very pricey..

You get a lot more bang for your buck by building your own. If you are not the fabricating type of person, build an appleseed.

If you have lots of money and just want something up and running now, get a BioPro.

deepseafortydog

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen, 2011 Touareg TDI
Processor for sale!

I am selling my entire setup - if you are interested please email me. I will be traveling to Groton soon and can deliver. It will make from 20 to 40 gallons at a time.

vwtdi09

Veteran Member
TDI
The appleseed seems pretty simple. Once built is there a place on a how to? or should all questions be asked here,
Lars

Murphy2000

Veteran Member
TDI
MrErlo said:
this is the second thread where i've seen this large scale system listed. anyone ever actually seen one in person, used one, or have any info about it?

i'm specifically looking for price, but also anyone who's used this processor or dealt with the manufacturer before. thanks.
Check out this large processor
http://www.murphysmachines.com/MM500.html

Popular with transportation and farming folks.

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
Accent processor

Murphy2000 said:
no offense Murphy, i mean no ill-will and want to stay away from the situation that has started at the other processor thread. however, that was not my question.

i am certain you make an excellent product, but i am looking for information about the Accent processor in particular.

stinkindiesel

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I started with an Appleseed; but be a bit careful. Start with a new waterheater- used ones will have sediment issues for ever and ever no matter what you do. I know the plans have changed, but the plumbing can be a bit sketchy and the catalyst system could be a lot safer.
Or you could use polyethylene. www.plastic-mart.com (I have no affiliation with them whatsoever) has a biodiesel package- two tanks and stands for $225. Pump and plumbing will run another $100- $200. Get a metal 55-gallon drum and a barrel heater and preheat your oil in it. The poly tank will withstand 140-degrees, and the reaction will cook off in under 2 hours at that temp.
Just for yappin', I've been making biodiesel for over 3 years in poly tanks, in temps down into the 40's with no quality issues. That being said, I do use a two-reaction process; in the first reaction, I use 75% of the catalyst and let it work overnight. The next day, I drain the glycerine, mix the remainder of the catalyst (fresh, not leftover) and reprocess. I found that this gives a greater glycerine yield, therefore, a more complete reaction.
I also wash it a bit differently, too- I add about 30% hot water by volume, then mix it with a "squirrel cage"-type paint stirrer until it looks like coffee with milk. Let it settle, drain, and repeat. It dries much more quickly than "mist washed" bio.
My biodiesel looks, tests and runs better than any pump bio I've found. If you put it in a jar, add distilled water, and shake it, it separates quickly and the water stays clear.
The bio looks like clear applejuice, smells like money (saved).

vwtdi09

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone know how much the accent mfg system costs? What do people think of the dynadroit system? Does anyone have either system?

Lars.

Last edited:

Murphy2000

Veteran Member
TDI
MrErlo said:
no offense Murphy, i mean no ill-will and want to stay away from the situation that has started at the other processor thread. however, that was not my question.

i am certain you make an excellent product, but i am looking for information about the Accent processor in particular.
No offense taken at all!

I didnt realize you were interested in just that one processor..

That big stainless thing looks expensive.. Nice looking.. but expensive.

ikendu

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf Indigo Blue
I know the guy that makes this processor (good guy!):

http://greenworldbiofuels.com/

It is basically a highly refined Appleseed design.

Whether you build your own or not depends on your budget, your skills, knowledge, etc. For some folks buying a pre-designed, pre-assembled unit makes sense ...for others, to build their own.

Get a copy of "Biodiesel: Basics and Beyond" by William Kemp. It tells all. It is worth the cost of the book no matter which way you go.

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
Two points.

The above processor is not "highly refined". It is just a palletized appleseed with some wash tanks. oooh. The containment pallet doesn't even have enough capacity for a spill. It might contain the contents of one of those drums, but not both. I saw one of these (selling for an extra grand!) at the MREA fair here in Wisconsin and was impressed with the marketing...

Kemp's book includes quite a few errors as he hasn't made much biodiesel himself. Just go to the infopop forums, attend one of GirlMark's classes, or get the biodiesel homebrew guide. There is no shortcut on this. You need to learn how to do it and do it well to use biodiesel in you TDI.

But, hey, if you want to pay me $5G for a processor, I'll buy my plane ticket tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

girl_mark

Veteran Member
Steve is a really good guy, though- and I think he does consulting/setup help as well. Yes, it's expensive, and yes, he's done a really nice job for an Appleseed.

Murphy2000

Veteran Member
TDI
I think folks will find that there is no such thing as a cheap "ready made" processing system that is new.

Spend the big bucks, or build your own (best), or find a used one.

The reason metal processors are expensive is because it takes work to build them. its not just a matter of glueing some plastic pipe or screwing a few nipples together.

Remember, unless you build it yourself, you'll get what you pay for.

And on that note, TDI's are not tollerant of poor fuel. only old engines are tolerant of bad fuel.