Which interior color is more popular Corn silk or black.

Dragoncoach

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 MkV Jetta TDI/ '11 MKVI JSW TDI
I'm still debating whether to get the cornsilk or black interior. I have two dogs that are tricolor beagles. I'm trying to figure out how much hair and dirt would show with the corn silk interior. I know black hides everything but maybe corn silk will work well for me as well. Anyone with dogs help me on this question?

Last edited:

DRbillZ

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, Jetta, one totaled Passat....RIP.
I have the beige(corn silk I guess is what it is). Nice thing about it is you DO see some marks on it and it prompts you to clean it quickly. We have black in our Jetta sedan and it's dirty because....it never gets cleaned :)
Finally VW put black carpet in with the beige interior. We had a Passat with all beige and the carpet looked nasty all the time no matter what you did!

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I'm still debating whether to get the cornsilk or black interior. I have two dogs that are tricolor beagles. I'm trying to figure out how much hair and dirt would show with the corn silk interior. I know black hides everything but maybe corn silk will work well for me as well. Anyone with dogs help me on this question?
My dog makes very noticeable dirty foot prints on my corn silk/beige seats. The JSW I had with a black interior did not. I am not sayin' it wasn't just as dirty but it wasn't as noticeable as the light colored interior which needs to be cleaned all the time to look presentable.

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
I have corn silk, if the seats are down the backs will be black, I like the corn silk for two reasons, all black was a little boring and a little hot as I have the pano roof, I like the two tone interior but it is a little bit of a pain to keep clean. Just my view.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
I enjoy the belt mark on my cornsilk interior. I like the color, but not in my next car! Dog footprints show, but I also had black in my prior car - still showed. However, these seats clean up pretty easy. But not the belt mark.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
I got cornsilk. My previous car had black cloth and the dogs short brown hairs showed up like crazy and were very difficult to remove. I also live in a hot and sunny climate and black leatherette would scald any exposed skin.

Dragoncoach

Veteran Member
TDI
I would personally never get any cloth interior with dogs. It's a bear to get the hair off. I'm leaning toward black. However, I'm not ruling out corn silk yet.still up in the air. Most of the JSW I see are white with corn silk...go figure.

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
Queue Wesley Snipes from Passenger 57: "Ever play roulette? Always bet on black"

Cornsilk should be called cornhole. Cause every time I put something in my mom's car with beige leather - I find a new stain, streak, or mark. It shows everything and makes the car feel "older/dirtier" IMO. Perhaps black hides it - but if you are even slightly OCD like almost everyone on this board - you'll clean your seats regularly regardless of color & material.

shovelhd

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
My dog doesn't shed so no issues there, just a little mud which cleans up quick. As far as popularity, I wanted blue with cornsilk which I am told is a rare combination. Most blue cars have black.

Dragoncoach

Veteran Member
TDI
My dog doesn't shed so no issues there
I hate your dog!!! LOL. We got our rescues at 8 weeks. Thought "oh, these guys shouldn't shed too much"...yeah right! Hair all over the place (x2) but we wouldn't trade these guys for any other dogs. :)

Beachcruiser TDI

TDI
2014 JSW TDI 6M / 2010 Golf TDI DSG
I built multiple configurations of my jsw on the vw website and opted for the black pleatherette for ascetics and not showing dirt like a lighter color.

And no I did not misspell leatherette ;)

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
I would personally never get any cloth interior with dogs. It's a bear to get the hair off. I'm leaning toward black. However, I'm not ruling out corn silk yet.still up in the air. Most of the JSW I see are white with corn silk...go figure.
It was the only color interior the Matrix(what I could afford at the time) came in. Lesson learned, the previous car's interior was the exact color of her fur.
BTW my current JSW 6M is white/cornsilk, it is easy to keep clean and cooler in the sun.

Last edited:

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
I hate your dog!!! LOL. We got our rescues at 8 weeks. Thought "oh, these guys shouldn't shed too much"...yeah right! Hair all over the place (x2) but we wouldn't trade these guys for any other dogs. :)
Try brushing them outside daily. The Zoom Groom by Kong does a good job and is a favorite on the Boxerworld forum.

TDIAustin

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW, MT, Red/Cornsilk
Since we get little rain, mud is not an issue. We have a rough coat jack russell and don't have any problems with the cornsilk. It cleans up easily and is cool in summer, and it looks great with the red exterior.

We have some seat covers that we used on trips.

Dragoncoach

Veteran Member
TDI
Try brushing them outside daily. The Zoom Groom by Kong does a good job and is a favorite on the Boxerworld forum.
I have 3 zoom grooms around the house and in the car. They indeed do a great job. I finish off with a fine tooth wire brush with nylon tips at the end. Works well.

Thanks for everyone's input so far. I may make an offer this afternoon. I still have to decide if white w corn silk is acceptable. I guess it's growing on me, but I'm thinking I should maybe wait for the interior and exterior I really want. My wife now is bringing up the idea of a new 328D wagon! We shall see.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
I've got black leather w/sunroof but it doesn't get too hot here so no worries about the sun baking the interior. We have a greyhound and although she doesn't shed much, it doesn't show at all. Now if you're talking about nose prints on the windows, that's a different story...

Rush223

TDI
2013 JSW
My Sport Wagen is white with the light interior. I have a yellow lab and hair is everywhere; dashboard to tailgate. There is even hair in the window tracks. It really shows up on the black carpet and dash. I have a grey seat cover on the back seat and it catches most of the dirt and hair back there.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
I've got black leather w/sunroof but it doesn't get too hot here so no worries about the sun baking the interior. We have a greyhound and although she doesn't shed much, it doesn't show at all. Now if you're talking about nose prints on the windows, that's a different story...
I actually miss the nose prints since my boxer checked out in september. I have a deposit down on a new one with a breeder though. Boxers and TDI's, finest kind.

Cooper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW (traded in 5/2015)
My '97 Passat wagon and '03 A4 Avant were green with tan interior. The tan looked great when I detailed it.

Have black leatherette now. I like it better. I'm older and certainly don't clean the interior as often as when I was younger.

Gone full circle. My first VW was an '83 Rabbit with silver (gray, actually) leatherette.

John Kuhn

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 red JSW TDI base model
I've got a new JSW with the cornsilk interior. I really like the way it looks, but I can see it will be a challenge to keep clean. The manual says to not use much more than soapy water. I wonder what the best product is for maintaining it, or is there something that protects it better and makes it easier to clean?

whatever54

TDI
'14 JSW 6MT TDI
Black on Black, would have went for the Toffee had I been able to find one with a black interior, don't think they are made though. I don't much care for the the combo black cowl/upper dash over the cornsilk lower dash. Just me. No dog hair worries, the terrier mix isn't a shedder!

av8or

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG Candy White/Cornsilk
No dogs... no kids. But occasionally I have to clean the clothing color transfer off the seats (Worst is my wife's jean jacket). Soap and water doesn't work. I've found that Lexol Leather Cleaner (not the conditioner) works like magic. Not necessary to use a lot. After using Lexol cleaner I wipe the seats with a clean damp (water) cloth then dry with a microfiber towel. Seats look factory-fresh.

WagenFan

TDI
2013 JSW TDI Black/Black DSG w/ pano
I saw a JSW with cornsilk at a car show, and the seats were covered in blue from people getting in and out while wearing jeans. Made me happy that I opted for black... hides imperfections better. Plus I like the look of black/black with a nice tint and only the chrome window trim to lighten things up

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Here in the great Central Valley............

Black will absorb heat.

Like Gulfcoastguy indicates about his dog, my spaniel has departed the surly bonds of earth...............

At about 15,000 miles, the Cornsilk evokes praise from the infrequent rider (and the Candy White continues to reflect heat at an impressive level).

No regreats from this sailor.

ez

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Here in the great Central Valley............

Black will absorb heat.

Like Gulfcoastguy indicates about his dog, my spaniel has departed the surly bonds of earth...............

At about 15,000 miles, the Cornsilk evokes praise from the infrequent rider (and the Candy White continues to reflect heat at an impressive level).

No regreats from this sailor.

ez
But the new boxer gets picked up 3 weeks from tomorrow. A flashy brindle male this time. a 245 mile trip there and a 245 mile trip back. I hope he doesn't get car sick. Oh After I visited the breeder to check out her operation, her son bought a Golf diesel. It's even manual transmission.