Where to buy Rhino ramps in Ontario?

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
I'm looking for a set of these and was sure Canadian Tire sold them, but they have another brand now. I don't like the look of them and am tired of the metal ramps making marks in the driveway.

Any ideas?

pbraunton

Veteran Member
TDI
03' Jetta TDi
I just built some ramps out of 2 X 12 pressure treated lumber, they work awsome, but I had the lumber laying around, and therefore it might be cheeper and easier to go with rhinno ramps???

I saw some in crappy tire in Bradford on Thursday???

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
Well, I went to the Parts Source in Newmarket. They had none but said others had them. So I stopped in Richmond Hill and found an 8000 pound set. The 12000 pound set was from a different manufacturer the same as I saw in Canadian Tire. The lady at the Newmarket store said it looked like they may be discontinuing them.

Thanks for the help guys.

ramdmc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
12K lb set on sale this weekend at TSC Stores for $39.99, check out page 8 of the flyer here

Some other good stuff on sale too. Funny, their flyer was one I wouldn't even look at, but they started carrying quality products and lately is on my list of flyers I actually pull out of the flyer pack and browse.

GL Mike, there's no TSC stores in Newmarket, but the Uxbridge one may be the closest.

RC

timk519

Veteran Member
TDI
Last: 2012 TDI JSW
If anyone local to KW is looking for ramps, I've got a pair of metal ones I haven't used in years and they're taking up space in the garage. No idea what their load rating is - they'll hold up a jetta no problem though.

I'm thinking $30 for the pair.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Just saw them at Part Source for $50.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
FWIW they do have them at TSC, and they are on sale this week.
TSC sold out of those soooooo fast, I dropped by the one in Collingwood last week and had them check all the stores surrounding Toronto (and further out), they were corporately sold out :(

Guess I'll have to wait till next time. :(

MrVermin

steelmb

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
TSC sold out of those soooooo fast, I dropped by the one in Collingwood last week and had them check all the stores surrounding Toronto (and further out), they were corporately sold out :(

Guess I'll have to wait till next time. :(

MrVermin
This has pretty much always been my experience at TSC with their sales. It's to the point I don't even bother walking in the place.

Tsagoth

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon Automatic
This has pretty much always been my experience at TSC with their sales. It's to the point I don't even bother walking in the place.
I think you have to go the first day of the sale. It took me two tries to get the little dump cart, but most everything else I've been able to get. Like last week's log splitter, they still had three on Sunday when I picked one up.