Where to buy Coilovers in GTA

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
Does anyone know where to buy Coilovers for MK5 TDI in the GTA for a good price?

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks Vik, good price would be under $600 for Koni Yellows, that is how much I paid for my MK4 Jetta.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
atifvw said:
Thanks Vik, good price would be under $600 for Koni Yellows, that is how much I paid for my MK4 Jetta.
Koni yellows are coilovers? I thought they were just the shocks.

Koni coilovers usually sell in the $750 to $900 used.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
only coils ure gonna get for CLOSE to 600 bucks is VMAXX.

Double ure budget and get koni coilovers, do it once, do it right.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
Vik F said:
coilovers for 600?? goodluck
I know Vik, just threw the number for comparison, I can't even get koni yellows for that price anymore.

And yes pete koni yellows are just shocks, not coilovers.

What I meant to say was to get a set of new koni coilovers for say $1100, the qoutes that I have been getting are close to $1500...

Omega you're correct do it once do it right is how I'm going to play but still trying to get the best deal out there. Specially this time of the year I'm hoping I may get a good deal.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
OmegaRenegade said:
only coils ure gonna get for CLOSE to 600 bucks is VMAXX.

Double ure budget and get koni coilovers, do it once, do it right.
BTW I'm going to see Kasper at EMT this saturday to get my 2006 custom tuned, although I've been happy with Unitronic on the 2004 but like this customizing idea:)

Marchmen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Base prices have increased over the past year on most hard parts. I purchased a set of Koni Yellows with H&R sport shocks from MJM Autohaus last year and the price has risen over $60 since then. Add in the exchange rate and things don't look nearly as good as they once did.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Talk to AMI Motorsports. They just had a good deal on FK coilovers for MKIII. I think it was $650 for the set. Wish I still had my old car. LOL

They are in barrie, though. do a google search, you'll find the page.

Other than that, you might get lucky if someone is selling a set on the Vortex slightly used. If it would be my car, I'd rather spend a little more up front and get new suspension components, though.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
What about a set of Bilstein PSS10s for the MK5 with no shipping, customs or duty charges?

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
BleachedBora said:
What about a set of Bilstein PSS10s for the MK5 with no shipping, customs or duty charges?
Sure I'm in, please give us details :p

March, you're correct, for my mk4 I got the koni sport shocks for $530 shipped last year from mjm autohaus, can't get those prices anymore.

Bleached, lets see what you have to offer....I understand coilovers can be double in price than just shocks/struts so please let us know how much for Bilstein PSS10s....

A

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
Toronto_Vento said:
Talk to AMI Motorsports. They just had a good deal on FK coilovers for MKIII. I think it was $650 for the set. Wish I still had my old car. LOL

They are in barrie, though. do a google search, you'll find the page.

Other than that, you might get lucky if someone is selling a set on the Vortex slightly used. If it would be my car, I'd rather spend a little more up front and get new suspension components, though.
Thanks John, I will call AMI tomorrow.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
They are going to be expensive, but I am checking with my vendors up in Canada to see what I can find. The plus side is that if they can give me a good deal you can just walk in and pick them up :).

Stay tuned, hopefully Monday I can get you a firm price.
-BB

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
BleachedBora said:
They are going to be expensive, but I am checking with my vendors up in Canada to see what I can find. The plus side is that if they can give me a good deal you can just walk in and pick them up :).

Stay tuned, hopefully Monday I can get you a firm price.
-BB
:) Thanks man, appreciate your help.

Atif