When arriving at the Fest

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Folks,

When you arrive at the Fest here is what to expect:

Friday evening and Saturday Morning till noon:

Check in at the Holiday Inn in Ft. Atkinson. There you will get your name badges, wrist bands (please do not remove these throughout the weekend) and welcome packets.

In the welcome packets will be information, maps, schedules and misc. items. Please look at the schedule as event times and locations will be posted there.

If at any time during the fest you have a question, please look for one of the volunteers wearing an <font color="orange"> ORANGE FEST SHIRT </font>

We (organizers) will typically have our cell phones on us and we'll have 2 way radios so we can communicate between each other. You'll be able to find our cell numbers in your welcome packet.

Please, no working on the cars in the hotel parking lot. I don't want the club to get hit with having to resurface it due to oil spillage.

Please, while at the hotel in the lobby and conference center, remember, there will be other folks staying there as well. While we do have pretty much the entire hotel booked, there are bound to be some general public staying there. So please, respect their space and hold it down after hours while walking through the halls and in the lobby.

After noon on Saturday, the registration area can be found at the town hall in Lake Mills. The Lake Mills town hall is directly across the street from Topels. It shouldn't be hard to find.

Parking IS VERY limited. Please, do not park in front of Topels or the town hall. PLEASE, park your vehicles down at Rotary Park and walk up to Topels and the town hall. We need to keep these areas open around the town hall for vendors to come in and set up AND to allow the VW dealership to get their vehicles in the town hall parking lot. Besides, this will be a HEAVILY traveled traffic pattern and I'd hate for someone to get hit or for a car to get scratched. There will be a LOT of folks meandering between the town hall, Topels, Monti's pub and the city park. PLEASE, drive respectfully around these areas. The Rotary Park is about 1 short block away and the weather is supposed to be decent.
If you are getting work done on your car, please, park at the rotary park until it's time for your vehicle to be wrenched on. This will again help reduce the number of cars having to be move or having to track someone down becasuse they are blocking someone in. Please stay near the area if your car is being worked on. In other words, don't wander down to view the show n shine or go eat at Monti's if your car is being worked on. Stick around. Someone may have some questions about what you're doing or being done to your car.

Please leave the one time use TYVEK wrist band on throughout the weekend. We realize that while working on cars you may want to take your neck lanyard off (actually I'd reccomend it around moving parts) or while visiting some local establishments you may not want general public looking at you strangely as they try and figure out your name and what the heck you're doing with this on? These wrist bands will help us to identifiy those of you that belong to the event at a distance vs. the general public that will be there. Lanyards aren't always visible unless facing them.

Please be sure and thank all the vendors. Some are driving a LONG ways with lots of stuff. Please show them your patronage while at the fest by purchasing from them. They are all reputable club members.

Please be aware that there may be folks trying to take advantage of the fest by selling items that weren't approved by us or are not part of the event. This is the nature of the beast. All we ask is everyone be aware. The vendors contributing are on the vendor list and in your welcome packet.

Most of all, enjoy the fest and we hope everyone makes it here safely and has a great time. We've put a lot into it and it's been a lot of work organizing this and trying to hold our day jobs down and juggle our family life.

Drive safely and I'll see everyone at the fest!

Jeff

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Oh, and PLEASE watch your speed comming into WI. The state patrol is as serious as they get here. 10 over MIGHT garner you a ticket. SERIOUSLY. ESPECIALLY be wary of the county and the town/city cops. They give no leway. Trust me on this one.

Keir_Asher

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Honda Accord Wagon
Oh, and PLEASE watch your speed comming into WI. The state patrol is as serious as they get here. 10 over MIGHT garner you a ticket. SERIOUSLY. ESPECIALLY be wary of the county and the town/city cops. They give no leway. Trust me on this one.
I echo those remarks.
If you are caught speeding with traitor plates(non-WI plates) you will be forced to pay on the spot. YES, they do take credit cards. No joke.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
So please, respect their space and hold it down after hours while walking through the halls and in the lobby.
Remember, the chat room is open 24 hours a day, and moderated by 2 20 year old guys... so pritty much anything goes

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
I chose to just set the cruise at 65 and forget it. I-94 had quite a bit of enforcement from Minnesota east. Highway 12 from Madison I basically got no opportunity to open it up - I was stuck behind a gasser pickup in the two-lane segment.

I'm already in Fort Atkinson. FYI: the prices at the Kwik Trip across the street are $2.79 for diesel and $3.19 for RUG.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
By the way, the Kwik Trips in the area generally carry Premium Diesel. I can't say for sure if Fort does, but I would guess it does. Occasionally during the year they have signs up form www.premiumdiesel.com explaining the premium fuel. I generally fill up at the Kwik Trip in Janesville and have been happy with the fuel.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Lake Mills QT on the north side of town by the micky D's has Koch Gold Premium. Better than the rest of the crap in the area.

BigDan

TDI
Jetta 2004 grey
I'm driving in from Iowa in the morning early,do I need to go to FtAtkinson to the holiday inn to register first

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
Registrations and check-ins will be at the Holiday Inn in Fort Atkinson until noon.