What's the rush on turning the car in?

11JSWTDI

TDI
2011 Jetta SW 6MT(sold)
VW is not CAPPED at 10.3 billon

check for loop holes:D

OMG

Specific references please that lead you to believe that. Everything I have read in the settlement agreements lead me to believe that any increased fines VW may pay (for not reaching the 85%, for example) would go into the environment remediation trust buckets, not to the owners settlement.

See 2.42 of the Consumer Class Action Settlement Agreement - "Funding Pool" means the maximum $10.03B..." and "The Funding Pool shall be capped at $10,033,000,000, regardless of the rate of consumer participation in the Settlement Program, and Volkswagen shall not be required to increase the Funding Pool." (emphasis added)

And on pages 3 and 4, no. 3 of the Partial Consent Decree - "Settling Defendants estimate that the total cost of injunctive relief pursuant to the requirements of Appendix A and the related Class Action Settlement and FTC Order may be up to $10,033,000,000. In the event Settling Defendants do not achieve an 85% Recall Rate, Settling Defendants must pay additional funds into the Mitigation Trust;" (emphasis added)

Similar language is on page 11 of the Partial Consent Decree, number 7.6; and Exhibit 3, Long Form Notice on page 1 "Summary... of Settlement"

Edit: I should add this is all based on the current proposed settlement agreement. I would be surprised if it did but it is possible this could be changed.

Last edited: