What's gonna go down on Tuesday?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
So if the deal is $5k plus prescandal- that nets me after my note is paid about $12k cash- I'm hoping its 10k if you buy another new VW or $7500 CPO plus FMV, so I net $17k towards new or $14,500 CPO
That is about the only way they can keep me as a customer I think.
Hope you get it

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
Governments tend to be poor negotiators, and while the federal treasury will probably net a few billion $$$, the EPA and CARB will probably accomplish nothing with this settlement. Heck, they may make matters worse... A lot of the "buy me out" whiners have talking of replacing their TDIs with gasser SUVs that are even worse for the environment. And given that EPA wants 85% of these TDIs "fixed" or off the road, VW will have to buy up at inflated prices barely running clunkers that speculators bought just to game the system.
This whiner won't be replacing it with anything that I don't already have...Mark

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
Pardon me but there is no 'h' in winners. Ok thanks

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual

Dieselchen

Banned
TDI
2011 Golf 6M
VWoA needs to advertise on their Goodwill site a calculator so you can plug in the milage, they should already have the the VIN if you registered for the Goodwill package. That should spit out a $value plus the incentive $5K-10K whatever in addition. With that armed you should go to ANY VW dealer and collect your check. THAT SIMPLE!
Or with the same information armed you check the box, NO BUYBACK, OPT for Future REPAIR and collect $5-$10K
ITS THAT SIMPLE> NOW how about THAT?

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
Does anyone know how to find pre-scandal "clean" trade value? Is there a KBB archive or something similar?
Do what I did - work up your car at KBB or NADA then put the dollar value in a calculator and multiply what that figure is by 1.19%. I used the 19% figure because I read it in an article someone posted earlier. I think it was the ABC News link. I priced out my car using the 'buying from a dealer' price. Mine came out to $15,379 X 1.19% = $18,301. Selling to a private party the numbers are about $3K less. Guessing that my 2013 low mileage (19K miles) I should be able to get $7500 in compensation. That puts anywhere from $22-25K back in my pocket. I wrote a check for the OTD price of $24,974. Not too bad if I can get out of this car with only $1k cost per year.

Still and all its all speculation until tomorrow. And that may leave us knowing less than we do today!

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB, 2003 NB, 2006 Touareg, 2015 Jetta, 2013 Beetle, 2013 Touareg

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Have a sinking feelng it WILL be taxable

... here comes da 1099

... here comes da 1099

... here comes da 1099

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Also, no court hearing tomorrow, so nothing from the judge to get a reaction until 6/30.[/QUOTE]
Not Sure that is accurate.

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Also, no court hearing tomorrow, so nothing from the judge to get a reaction until 6/30.
Not Sure that is accurate.
Quoting straight from the For the proceedings box upper right on http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl

Please note that there is no court proceeding on Tuesday, June 28. The event in on that date is a deadline for e-filing documents. The documents will be posted on this web page at the same time as they are e-filed in the court's ECF system.

One other important point on dates, go back and read http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/filelibrary/1770/Order_Extending_Deadline.pdf again. July 26, 2016 is the date set for the Preliminary Approval. It's been kicked around that that July 26 date was a final date, when in fact it is only the preliminary hearing, so still a wait beyond that July date until something starts moving cars.

Last edited:

czeetah

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat 6MT / Opera Red
... here comes da 1099

... here comes da 1099

... here comes da 1099
No, compensation for losses are not taxed.

If you had something valued at $17k, someone's negligence causes it to be worth $12,000, and they write you a check for $5,000 ... there has been no gain.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Quoting straight from the For the proceedings box upper right on http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl

Please note that there is no court proceeding on Tuesday, June 28. The event in on that date is a deadline for e-filing documents. The documents will be posted on this web page at the same time as they are e-filed in the court's ECF system.
So your saying there is no release of information on the settlement tomorrow? :confused:

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
So your saying there is no release of information on the settlement tomorrow? :confused:
No, just that it's just the raw data dump from whomever is filing things. The judge has to approve it, and we hear nothing from him until 6/30.

Also might want to read http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/ClassActionSettlementGuidance to get a better idea on the timeline getting to a final settlement hearing.

Since the court is posting the docs as they are filed, once filed, they are public information, and a press conference wouldn't be breaking the gag order. I missed seeing that the court was publishing on receipt of the documents, which led to the question about the gag order and an EST press conference well before the filing time at noon PST.

radereb

TDI
Jetta
What happens if I agree to VW fixing my TDI and then I sell the TDI prior to the fix or what if I agree to the fix and then once that rolls around I do not take it into a dealer to get it fixed?

I understand that many people are saying that a fix will most likely never happen. I am trying to decide what to do with my TDI.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
No, just that it's just the raw data dump from whomever is filing things. The judge has to approve it, and we hear nothing from him until 6/30.

Also might want to read http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/ClassActionSettlementGuidance to get a better idea on the timeline getting to a final settlement hearing.

Since the court is posting the docs as they are filed, once filed, they are public information, and a press conference wouldn't be breaking the gag order. I missed seeing that the court was publishing on receipt of the documents, which led to the question about the gag order and an EST press conference well before the filing time at noon PST.
Thanks for the clearifacation.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Thanks for the research on this!;)

he needs something to do while sitting at the beach all day, not that I am jealous or anything.:D

added: and members + guests viewing this thread is above the 200 at the moment, "threadzilla" replacement for more or less 24 hrs.?

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Not sure if this has been posted

AP SOURCE: VOLKSWAGEN REACHES $14.7B EMISSIONS SETTLEMENT
The figure would be the largest auto scandal settlement in U.S. history and a huge step in Volkswagen's efforts to address the legal fallout from its admission that its vehicles were designed to fool emissions tests.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2016/Vo...ac074971eb87d3

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
he needs something to do while sitting at the beach all day, not that I am jealous or anything.:D

added: and members + guests viewing this thread is above the 200 at the moment, "threadzilla" replacement for more or less 24 hrs.?
Alas. I am going back to Phoenix tomorrow, all good things must come to an end. The good thing is that I get to start climbing the mountain, I lost the whole month of June and a lot of hot afternoons :D...Mark

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Alas. I am going back to Phoenix tomorrow, all good things must come to an end. The good thing is that I get to start climbing the mountain, I lost the whole month of June and a lot of hot afternoons :D...Mark
disfruta su ultimana noche y cuidado manejando a su casa.

TCBinaflash

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Yup. That wouldn't surprise me a bit. If that is the case, I could see the premature news leaks backfiring for VW. Ex. People that think they're going to get $10k compensation getting $7k...unless they go for a new VW (in which case it's $10k).

The other issue is going to be negotiating a price on a new car. Are they going to take $3k off MSRP and say that's your compensation? That's not exactly doing anyone any favors when you can get that amount off one of their cars any day of the week.

I've noted that as well - 6 mos after we got our $1k oops package, they were offering that same deal with $500-$3k bonus cash on new purchases. It really means nothing in revenue loss to VW.

$10k is nothing to sneeze at tho, that amount pushed a large swath of current owners to reconsider VW. It has me thinking, but not quite sold. I would need a little extrapush to be sure. Say guaranteed 0-1% financing regardless of credit (but dependent on income of course).

That right there would have me rushing to buy a new VW. Otherwise I'd try and buy CPO with the compensation and cash to avoid further financing pain.

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Since my 15 golf has all that new stuff in it and looks like we won't be seeing many diesels out of VW in the future I am guessing parts for this will become scarce in the future.

What does future production of diesel vehicles by VW have to do with parts availability for yours?

VW ceasing operations in the US... sure. But they've continued to offer parts for ALH engines for well over a decade after they stopped production

Besides.. it seems as though your engine and the 2016s should be fixable relatively easily.. it is entirely possible your engine will be available in 2017 and 2018 cars. Likely? Who knows. But possible.