What Wheels / Rims fit my car?

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I've always had to spend some time researching which wheels rims are right for my car. ie: Will a rim for a 2003 Toyota Matrix fit on my 2004 Jetta? (yes)

I just stumbled across this website which will make my world a whole lot easier - and I hope yours.

Just enter your vehicle or your pattern (if you already know it) and it will match up what other car's wheels will fit your car. :)

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp

As for tires, if you want to make sure they will match up to your car use this website's tool:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Using both of these you can make sure that your new wheels/tires will fit on your car. :)

Last edited:

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Looks like no one finds this useful except me? Ah well at least I'll use it myself when I need to shop for wheels next. :)

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
OK, so I looked and I'm very impressd, assuming the info is correct.

So my 2002 Jetta has a 5 x 100 (5 x 3.94) and my brothers old Achevia SCX 5 spokes will fit on it? If so, I'm a happy boy.

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
From what I've checked of tires/rim combination from my previous vehicles, it works. Let me know if your rims/wheels work out for you. :)

cspeter8

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Sedan
useful site, thanks
found out my jetta had 5 x 100mm from 1998 through the first half of 2005.
Couldn't find any information for my 2004 Passat though. Cannot find any Passat information later than 1998. I know the hub pattern is different.

dan30thz28

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed Manual 2013 VW Sportwagen TDI 6-Speed Manual
Will this fit my 2002 Jetta TDI wagon?

Stock size is 6Jx15 ET47, the wheel I want is: 6.5J X 15 ET 50, is that .5 and the 50 number make it a no go for my wagon? Please advise!

Sincerely,
Dan Maldonado

Last edited:

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Stock size is 6Jx15 ET47, the wheel I want is: 6.5J X 15 ET 50, is that .5 and the 50 number make it a no go for my wagon? Please advise!
Sincerely,
Dan Maldonado

The stock size in 6 (6 inch wide wheel) with a 15 (15 inch diameter wheel) and an offset (ET) of 47.

The wheel you are interested in is 6.5 (6.5 inches wide) with a 15 (15 inch diameter wheel) and an offset of 50.

Those specs are pretty close, but will be impacted by the tire height and width, any changes you have to brakes, the wheel well, or ride height, etc.

Plug the numbers into a wheel calculator to get a visual of the comparison along with the differences.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
6.5 rim width is fine, and for a 15 inch wheel on a 2002, since the specified tire size is 195-65/15, the offset should be OK even out to 50mm. You will need to check the center bore. If it is an aftermarket wheel, you will want adapters to fit a 57.1 mm center bore. And don't forget the cone seat lug bolts you'll need. I haven't heard of an aftermarket wheel yet that doesn't have cone seat lug holes. VW uses ball seat lug bolts, and they don't play well with cone seat lug wheels.

Cheers,

PH

Diesel Fumes

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 alh tdi 5 speed
Old thread but was relevant to a search I did. High likelihood that 15 inch 5x100 corolla wheels will not fit a mk4. If you grind out the center bore to fit, they will mount but there isn't enough clearance for the brakes and as a result the wheels won't turn!

Hope this helps someone in the future