What recall am I missing?

tsingtao

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2009 Jetta TDI--Bought back 12/21/16
Just got a card from VW: Dear Volkswagon Owner, According to our records, there is an open recall that has not been completed on your vehicle.

I have had the EGR cooler recall and the brake light switch recall done. I have checked all the online recall sites as well as searched this site. This is a 2004 Jetta.

jack_shellac

TDI
Jetta 00
I just received the an open recall notice also. I called it in and they said I needed to have my emergency light switch replaced and my software updated. I knew about the software update but heard on the forum that I shouldn't have that done. I need to do some more research here before I make an appointment. Does anyone know if these particular recalls are necessary?

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
open recall

Did you have your window clips replaced? That also was done on my 04 Jetta and the tandem pump recall.:)

MILLER02TDI

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI... Audi A4 Wagon up next
i just got one for a brake light switch also. and something else having to do with the windows.

nick02

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta silver
I recieved mine also. It was the brake light switch. Unfortunately, when mine messed up, I read on here what it was and replaced it. I went to the dealer, bought it, installed it, threw out the bag and receipt. 2 years later I get the recall. No receipt-no refund. Nick

Moonlight

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 NB , 2001 Golf GL
I also received the notice. I replaced the brake light switch myself last year when the OEM failed. I called dealer to see what the notice was for and they said it was a 2nd brake light switch recall. Doubt I will take it in just for that...I'll wait for it to fail again.

Mike260

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI
Recall

I got my card two days ago for my 05 Jetta TDI. I guess I'll call them.

mwalters

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI 2013 Tornado Red
I got a card a couple days ago too. The problem is, they don't say which vehicle it's for - I have an '03 Jetta and an '05 Passat. The brake switch recall was done on the Passat, but not the Jetta. I'm not letting them fix what isn't broke!

visionlogic

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
mwalters said:
I got a card a couple days ago too. The problem is, they don't say which vehicle it's for - I have an '03 Jetta and an '05 Passat. The brake switch recall was done on the Passat, but not the Jetta. I'm not letting them fix what isn't broke!
Just FYI - The VIN of the vehicle to which the card applies is printed above your name and address on the card.

TDInNJ

TDI
1.9-2002
apparently there was a brake relay switch relay, and then they found out that the recall replacement was so difficult to install, that they were being broken while being installed. mine was replaced, and the tail light failed again. I told the dealer about it, and they told me--Oh we are professionals-- we dont break things on the install. Funny, VW corp seems to think it is possible, so much so, a second recall was issued. I got the replacement again. But now, I get the same vague recall notice, and low and behold, the driver side brake light is out again- and so is the driver side low beam. I used my emergency flashers recently. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.