What mounts under parcel shelf?

ereeves

TDI
2003 Jetta Sedan
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've been searching for hours and can't find the answer. I've got an '03 Jetta Sedan, and I'm curious if anyone knows what is/was/could be mounted OE in the mounting holes on the left (driver's) side in the trunk underneath the parcel shelf. To clarify, I'm not referring to the Monsoon amp and mounting cage/bracket on the right side. It looks like there are holes for a similar mounting setup on the left side, and I'm curious as to what that is/was. If there's a similar/matching cage/bracket for the left side, that would be great. I'm looking to mount the crossovers for aftermarket component speakers and a power inverter while keeping the appearance as close to factory as possible. I can do one or the other inside the Monsoon cage, and if there's something similar for the left side, my problem will be solved. Thanks in advance.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
The safety triangle for a MkIV Bora has a location on the inside of the trunk lid, but the same thread does refer to a mounting location for the 1st Aid Kit...

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Mine has a 10 disc CD player mounted there, never really looked at the mounting system and don’t know the manufacturer.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
CD changer or the digital hard disc thing (can't recall the name) mounted there .Seems like you could mount a first aid kit in the same spot. I recall Passat wagons back in the day had a slot for the changer and the first aid kit.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
OP said "underneath the parcel shelf" not in the 6CD changer / Phatnoise Box location. There is a reference to a location under the shelf in the thread I linked.