what is making this noise?

uhajdin

TDI
2013 my13 mk6 2.0 tdi wagon comfortline
I have a noise that comes from my car during low revs, still kinda exists in 2 to 4k revs but I can't hear it as much, I have no idea what it is and if someone can tell me what is it is so I can repair it or replace it, its very annoying, its like a buzzing sound when revving, it starts at 14 seconds in this video and you can hear it very clearly, please help! thanks :)

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
My money is on a lifter.
Pull off the valve cover and visually check the wear on each cam lobe and each lifter the beat you can.
I'm not an expert on this stuff but that sounds like the lifter has an issue of not being filled will oil due to larger gap between it and the bore.
Dont take my advice to heart. It could be something with the timing belt or serpentine belt. It sounds like a a bot of a belt has ripped off and it hitting plastic. But who knows. I would definatly check the timing belt and what not as it's a mission critical part.

uhajdin

TDI
2013 my13 mk6 2.0 tdi wagon comfortline
ill have a look into that, I changed my timing belt recently, I don't think it could be that but I'll check it too, is there any easy way to detect where a sound is coming from, thank you :)

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
You can get a mechanics stethoscope with a probe. About $5 at harbor fright. Other than that and visual inspection and maybe some feeler gauges and a caliper micrometer, ...... it's a guessing game. You will eventually find the issue.