In between jobs for a week so took advantage of the downtime this week to get some things done around the house and finally today got some time with the wagon.
Earlier this week had the windows tinted. A requirement for living in AZ. Love it, looks so much better. The fellas at the tint shop loved this car, one of them saying how much he loved this body style. He even knew it was a bit of a unicorn, 5 speed manual TDi wagon (2003).
Today, thanks to an old thread on the forum (weakening radio signal), I replaced the base of the antenna. Over time/water/etc the circuit board gets corroded. I’ve noticed not that great reception so hopefully this fixes that. Pretty straight forward replacement: remove rear side “D” pillar (lol) covers, rear headliner cover and pretty easy to get to. 22mm (what!) nut on the antenna base.
Steering column adjuster was a floppy mess so had a new one on hand. Go to replace it and oh wow, no wonder it was floppy, the screws were M.I.A. Went ahead and used the new one and well, found screws that worked from my old Suzuki DR650 screw bin.
Finally addressed the sunfaded headlights. Used a generic Turtle Wax headlight restorer kit, wow, huge difference. I’ve got the glass cover replacements waiting to go on so until then, this will work.
I need to grab some new pics for my “build” thread. Weather has been AWFUL out here in AZ, sunny, no rain, mid 80’s so sorry about that.