What did you do to your mk6 Jetta today?

NickyG751

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6-spd
18s.

I've noticed a slight harsh-ing of the ride quality but nothing bone-jarring, and nothing I wasn't expecting. The tires are a huge addition in handling and fun but MPG is up in the air for now because I did Malone 1.5 almost simultaneously. It seems steady maybe even a bit better. Also: The tires very good in the wet, i'll get a report on snow before summer.

http://www.neuspeed.com/263/24/0/2860/881203s-rse12-light-weight-wheel.html#popUp[products]/4/

Yes, Berg Performance. They're good men, and thorough.

Ausch

TDI
2013 Jetta MT
I know it's not very exciting for anyone but me, but I'm enjoying my fresh wash and wax.

Last edited:

whiteTDIpowa

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2011 Jetta TDI (sold)
Got my JOM coilovers and new Miro 112's put on this week. The Miro's were custom painted and color matched.

These pics are from Tuesday, the car had a bit more rake to the look then I wanted. Its settled now and I have taken the rear down about another 1/2 inch. As well I got the allignment done to help with any uneven tire wear in the future. Plus I added some 5mm H&R spacers in the rear.

Should post some pics of everything adjusted tomorrow that aren't cell phone quality ;)

Cerebus

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI w/DSG
What did I do to it? ...I bought it! :) Picked up a brand new, right off the truck, 2014 Jetta TDI. Now, point me to the modifications thread. :D

crewcabrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 1.8 TSI SEL
I know it's not very exciting for anyone but me, but I'm enjoying my fresh wash and wax.

Looks beautiful! Love dark colors but hate to take care of them. My LR4 was dark blue and looked beautiful when clean and bad when dirty.

Rob

FVWVWF

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2012 TDI Highline Manual
Today I got my Michelin Pilot Sport a/s 3s mounted on my Neuspeed RSe12s. This is 9 days after getting Malone 1.5 tune, still running great. Here's a few pics:
Got myself Michelin Pilot Super Sports...what a nice feeling coming right from winter tires.

millerman61

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI Premium w/Nav, DSG. Bought back on 12/23/16
I washed the baby. After 20hrs of driving in the last 48 I had to get the assorted bugs collected in VA, WV, KY and IN off.

NickyG751

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6-spd
Quick clean inside and out, changed from Weathertech Floor Liners to TDI Monster Mats, and ditched the ski rack for the summer. Not because we're done skiing but because summer and because big trunk with 60/40 split, fold-down rear seat :cool:

Drove in some slush the other day with the Michelin AS3 and they were awesome. A little struggle to get moving on icy-shushy-ness but traction is awesome otherwise.

Edit: Something of note: the Neuspeed RSe12 has a slightly different offset than stock wheels and fills the wheel wells nicely. I was planning on having to use spacers to get them to sit just right but when I mounted them they instantly gave the car a more planted, athletic look. I tried to get some photos that would show what I mean. Unfortunatly, for now, my car is parked backed up against a hill so I can't give the best view which would be as if you were driving behind me. It looks like the wheels are "out where they're supposed to be" instead of set into the wheel well.

More low? No, snow.

Last edited:

eddjmemg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
Put on my bike rack. Had an issue with the second one so only have one on. Also installed a used Thule 555 fairing (only one I found to fit the factory cross bars).

I like the sleek look and yes because of that reduces wind noise.

2011 Jetta TDI

whiteTDIpowa

Veteran Member
TDI
So I decided the paint my front chrome grill emblem, chrome grill inserts, and my mesh backing on my grill. As well I did the rear trunk emblem to keep the theme going.

The result was 3 coats of white plasti dip, and 4 coats of silver metalizer.

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I performed the first oil and oil filter change.

The oil filter placement is nice and far easier than on my Porsche 993 or previous Honda CR-V, but not as nice as on the BMW E36 I used to have.

A mere 12 screws to remove the engine undertray, I have to wonder why anyone would suck the oil out of the engine just to avoid having to remove that part. I prefer to drain all that sooty oil out of my engine.

I checked the 6 speed manual transmission fluid level.

Fun to work on and I didn't even need my MaxJax lift not that I could since there is another car on it.

Next is removal of the glow plugs for application of Beru glow plug assembly grease to avoid grief in the future.

whiteTDIpowa

Veteran Member
TDI
and added new black zinc coated wheel studs, plus painted all the calipers a gloss black to match.

Chowder

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Today I decided to start preparing for some AutoX. I replaced the snow tires I had driven from Alaska to Massachusetts in for some Continental Extreme Contact DW. Installed the ECS tuning traction control button which was way easier than I thought it would be. I used to be a professional mechanic but being severely colorblind I have always hated wiring haha.

I also did my 40k service, Oil change, fuel/cabin filter and a brake flush.

While I was at it I gave my oil filter some breathing room.

While I was doing all this I heard the ground shake and my friend pulled in next to me.

We took a lunch break to scribble on the pavement with some Pilot super sports.
Next week I will be getting the Malone stage 2 tune, I can't wait!

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
I was in Eagle River now I am on my way to San Antonio TX. Taking a month off with family in MA.
Gotcha. I was up in Alaska 2009-2012... Lived in Anchorage and Wasilla, and ALMOST got an apartment out in Eagle River, but the prices were almost the exact same as downtown, and at that point there wasn't any reason for me to move further away from my job (I worked on base).

Drove my 2011 down from Anchorage to St. Louis, MO pulling a 5x8 U-Haul trailer. Side having to run a gear lower for 4500 miles, the car was perfect.

Chowder

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Drove my 2011 down from Anchorage to St. Louis, MO pulling a 5x8 U-Haul trailer. Side having to run a gear lower for 4500 miles, the car was perfect.
That's good to hear, I am thinking of getting a small utility trailer for mine for road trips and house projects.

Dirtracr95

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Sedan DSG
Took it back to the brushless car wash on Tuesday because the @#$@ birds at her office crapped all over it and bird crap really shows up on tempest blue!
Yes it does I have a couple spots where the bird s#it burned the paint. I didnt know it would burn the tempest blue that quick. Oh well its barely noticible. Im more concerned with fixing my one door ding and dent on trunk lip which I may just cover with a lip spoiler.

sinnettc

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG w/ Premium
Yes it does I have a couple spots where the bird s#it burned the paint. I didnt know it would burn the tempest blue that quick. Oh well its barely noticible. Im more concerned with fixing my one door ding and dent on trunk lip which I may just cover with a lip spoiler.
Yeah. I've got one spot on the side of the hood/fender that didn't polish out like I hoped. I suppose I'll have to get some serious rubbing compound and have a go at it. I also managed to scrape the paint on one door with the step stool I was using to reach the roof; darn thing folded up and fell over when I tried to move it with my hands full. I think that I can hit it with one of those clear coat pens it will mostly go away. Da wife hasn't noticed yet.

sinnettc

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG w/ Premium
Detailed the interior today. Don't know how it can get so dirty/dusty when we mostly run the a/c with the recirculate button on. Gave the windshield a fresh coat of rain-x while I was in cleaning mode.

It's also going to be a while before I stick my head in the trunk with the stereo blasting again. Apparently that's where the sub is and about thumped my glasses off when my play list switched to something with a lot of bass! :D