What did you do to your mk6 Jetta today?

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
What wheels are those? They look great!

Oh, and 19x8 can fit a P235-35-19... will fit our cars too.
Sure do look great. I have the same color car, love the black rims. I only wish Long Island had even remotely smooth roads! I think my chirpractor might like me more if I got em :)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Nice pictures! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I only vacuumed and drove it today.

But since this thread is a little dusty...

Amongst other things, I've

Tinted the windows (45% equalling 37% LMR front and 5% equalling ?% LMR)
Custom paint, 8 coats of wax, headlamp lens protectant, custom interior rear lights, hard-wired/switched aftermarket nav unit, auxilary communications interface. Over 150 car washes and 133 tanks of fuel. Some bulbs. Oil changes. Replaced the tires (due to wear)

Next time I do something of merit, I'll try to post it. :)

joeelmex

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Premium
Ill add to this thread too now,

Added Homelink, Autodimming rear view mirror to my wife's and I Jetta's .

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Same thing I do to it most days, Pinky. Drove it and took a picture of it! :D (Some days I refuel it!)

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
Had the stealer ship install the winter tires today. I was just couldn't find the time between the dam & kids to get it one myself.

Bring on the snow!

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Only I did TO the car today was drive it to work and back, and out for some Taco Bell (healthy dinner, I know)...

Though I did get my sets of Alpine SPR-60C component speakers in today (two sets, front and rear). Gonna be paired with my modified original Alpine KTP-445 "Power Pack" (I say original because they released a new version that's easier to mod) @ 45w per channel for some better sound. The only thing that remains to be seen, is how well the RCD-510 will sound with the new speakers.

Pics will follow next week once I have them installed, for those of you interested... ;)

Scoutx

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta (6MT) - 1000 Mile Club (retired)___ 2015 Jetta SEL (6MT)
A little customization

:(I took the tree off my car, and called my agent :(

Ptplayers

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL 6M with sports package
Added Tint 30% all around and had the clear wrap installed on the head lights .

joeelmex

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Premium
I got the ceramic Tint (60% heat rejection) on both Jetta's over the weekend. Looks very sharp but the car is much colder inside now. Ill post a picture later.

Scoutx

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta (6MT) - 1000 Mile Club (retired)___ 2015 Jetta SEL (6MT)
My condolences buddy. That's the only 800 mile club MK6 Jetta I know of too. :(

I hope your insurance adventure goes expediently.
Well so far so good.

Other than the long phone wait (overloaded because of Sandy) took only a short time to get everything done that could be done at that time. Deductable waved. Rental car approved, and time allowed extended because they don't know how soon they can get an adjuster to come out and make an estimate. So, can't complain about the service at this time. You can't see it, but it also took out the wife's car, almost certainly totaled. Since she not only got her roof caved in, but both A pillers (either side of windshield) were bent. Maybe we will upgrade her. She's considering either the Fit Sport or the Civic... No, she doesn't want to consider a VW diesel. I tried. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Cleaned her up real good for Friday nght, fuelled up, and showed her off to the oilhammer!!!:D

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Giggidy! Did you get the VCDS shenanigans squared away?

No issues of that sort since the airbag thing last year, but I did forget to ask if the traction control can be dialed down a bit... do you know? It's downright oppressive in the snow. :mad:

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
No issues of that sort since the airbag thing last year, but I did forget to ask if the traction control can be dialed down a bit... do you know? It's downright oppressive in the snow. :mad:
I haven't looked at it to tell ya the truth. Might take a peek at some of the other settings today if I get around to installing the new speakers today. If not, I'll be doing it tomorrow.

tditaylor

TDI
2012 Jetta
installed 10k HIDs, recieved my P3 Cars vent gauge in the mail, hopefully ill get that in tomorrow!

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
installed 10k HIDs, recieved my P3 Cars vent gauge in the mail, hopefully ill get that in tomorrow!
One side of me wants to yell at you for being an idiot with the 10k drop-in HIDs, and the other wants to give you a hell yeah on the P3 gauge... Not sure which side is winning.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2.

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Got my speakers finished today (got 3 of the 4 finished last night), got door dinged in my parents driveway by my dad's truck, cleaned and buffed the whole car to remove the door ding, and now I'm back home finally sitting down to read the forums.

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Got my DG Sigma 6 in, gonna install it in a couple of hours... Can't wait to see the difference!

Edit: Holy shenanigans the difference is amazing! I really didn't expect the travel difference to be anywhere near what it is... Awesome. :D

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Ok, I'll bite: What's a DG Sigma 6?

Today was the usual cleaning, wash vac etc, had a screw removed from a tire (for free) and took her to the dealer where I bought her for the seat bolt recall. They also lubed the seat rails and vacuumed underneath them and lubed the sunroof too. No charge! :) However, they did sully her with 3 yellow diesel only stickers. :rolleyes: I took a picture and removed them. :D

I bought a can of BG 244 and will put that in at the next fueling. Chatted with a few salesmen about me baby. (I mean my car, not a human infant.)